Duck Hunting Forum banner

Pound for Pound the hardest fighting fish(STEEL HEAD)

3K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  kiwismakebetterhunters 
#1 ·
Dont know how many steel headers are out there butt these beast can be tricky to catch. I know people who have been chasing these incredible fish of the pacific northwest more then five years and still cant distinguish their bite from the river bottom butt once you hook the real thing (the almighty steely) and not the bottom yeeee ha! hang on boys for one of the best rides of your life.These fish can dogg yah on the bottom of the river or have you running the tour de france after them in some strong current POUND FOR POUND THEY HANG WITH THE BIG BOYS WHEN IT COMES TO FIGHTING ON A ROD AND REEL!( THE STEEL HEAD GOTS MY VOTE!)

#2 ·
yes i'll agree with you there.. i love summer run fishing and you hook into one.. and you tell the boat.. oh this is a nice one guys big fish its got some weight to her... then it jumps and you are like.. **** its like a 6 pounder! haha.. i didn't do much steelheading this year.. but last year i caught quite a few..

#4 ·
I've caught lots of steelhead and agree they fight awsome. But it we are comparing pound for pound I have to go with smallmouth bass. I think pound for pound the fight better. A mangrove snapper is right up there also. id rather catch steelhead though.

#6 ·
Havent any of you guys fish in the Pacific? Pound for Pound either Yellow Fin Tuna, or DoDo's (fisherman slang for Dorados, or Dolfin Fish).

#9 ·
I THINK THAT IF YOUR GOING POUND FOR POUND THEN YOU NEED TO SEPERATE FRESH FROM SALT, cus if you have ever used light tackle and hooked up with a hugh small mouth you'd change your mind but using big ass rods with stronger than steel fishin line catching a hugh fish in the ochin doesn't really compare to me at least. Corse im a bass lover so it really dosen't matter to me i just had to run my mouth. :yes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.