Pyramid State Park

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, Illinois-Ducker

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby hunter69 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:30 am

no I moved down by my grandpa's farm in Pulaski county straight across river from Ballard county refuge. pyramid is about 2 hours away now only go up there about twice a year now. by myself last year killed over 60 geese and 80 ducks with 6 dozen decoys. another plus is I get to drive my truck in the field without getting a ticket. by the way make sure you have a 4x4 if you go back there or your gunna get stuck unless they fixed the road
hunter69
hunter
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:58 pm


Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby Yoda » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:51 am

that's funny. he still didn't get it. or maybe he did and just didn't care. that's too bad. i moved away from the area as well. i know the exact spot he's talking about, but sure wouldn't have posted on here just because i moved away.

froze my butt off a couple of days watching that spot and doing some work to figure out what it was. never got to hunt it, but still would like to in the future. looks like there was no need to freeze my butt off or figure that stuff out on my own. could have just logged on.

anyone that does decide to go off this post better be prepared to go in there with a real good 4x4 vehicle. at least that's how it was last time i drove around there.

anyone else, please take note not to post this detailed of info. i don't really even get to hunt there anymore, but it still burns me a little that this was posted on here. In fact, even though this isn't turning into a big fight, i think the webmaster shouldn't allow this kind of detail on these posts. just my opinion.
User avatar
Yoda
hunter
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby hunter69 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:39 pm

I'm sorry if I pissed some people off but if I don't hunt an area anymore I will be willing to tell anyone that asks about the place or a good spot to go. it just being nice for one and keeping less experienced hunter interested or new hunter interested. I'm sure all of us would have loved to have info like this when we started. I know I'm a first generation waterfowl hunter in my family so had to find all my own spot and constantly getting beat by boats. if anyone else would like some info on goose fields in pyramid just let me know. ill pm you the info this time so no one gets heated. thanks
hunter69
hunter
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:58 pm

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby lostpup » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:49 am

Yoda wrote:that's funny. he still didn't get it. or maybe he did and just didn't care. that's too bad. i moved away from the area as well. i know the exact spot he's talking about, but sure wouldn't have posted on here just because i moved away.

froze my butt off a couple of days watching that spot and doing some work to figure out what it was. never got to hunt it, but still would like to in the future. looks like there was no need to freeze my butt off or figure that stuff out on my own. could have just logged on.

anyone that does decide to go off this post better be prepared to go in there with a real good 4x4 vehicle. at least that's how it was last time i drove around there.

anyone else, please take note not to post this detailed of info. i don't really even get to hunt there anymore, but it still burns me a little that this was posted on here. In fact, even though this isn't turning into a big fight, i think the webmaster shouldn't allow this kind of detail on these posts. just my opinion.



Yoda,
I understand what your thinking and why. Here is how it's explained to me for DHC. The area should be general in description. If you want to give exact spots do so by PM. We are not to delete threads that have this much info but are to moniter the activity as so it does'nt get out of hand. It does cause some heart ache to the people that have went the extra mile to find these spots , but you can't punnish someone for helping another person out either. For the most part we do really well in this forum to be helpful and not step on to many toes. Thank goodness there are still many decent people in Illinois
User avatar
lostpup
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 2979
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:54 pm
Location: south eastern illinois

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby Yoda » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:16 pm

i hear ya. no big deal. honestly, i moved away from the area and unfortunately haven't got to hunt it since. i was just trying to make a point without causing a big fight about it.
User avatar
Yoda
hunter
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby resqer8 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:17 pm

Hey guys, several areas in pyramid are open and they are killing birds. We went out today and killed the limit in ducks and geese.It is very good late morning.
resqer8
hunter
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: pinckneyville, il

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby BRCPres » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:37 pm

resqer8 wrote:Hey guys, several areas in pyramid are open and they are killing birds. We went out today and killed the limit in ducks and geese.It is very good late morning.


Thanks for the update. Can I ask you What type of ducks u took?
User avatar
BRCPres
hunter
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:18 am
Location: Knoxville, TN USA

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby resqer8 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:48 pm

To answer your question as to what did we shoot today we got 4 mallards, 3 ringnecks, 1 bluebill, 2 gadwalls, 1 wiedgon and a canvasback. These were all by 8am.
resqer8
hunter
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: pinckneyville, il

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby resqer8 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:50 pm

Also 3 specs and 1 canadian.
resqer8
hunter
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: pinckneyville, il

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby BRCPres » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:01 pm

Awesome shoot. Thanks. Im trying to go on the 7th of Jan if the weather permits. Merry Christmas.
User avatar
BRCPres
hunter
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:18 am
Location: Knoxville, TN USA

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby resqer8 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:13 pm

The draw is at 5:30am in january and always remember if you cant get a draw there are alot of the feilds that you can freelance that are great for both ducks and geese. I dont mind giving this information out if it gives everyone a chance to have a good hunt.
resqer8
hunter
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: pinckneyville, il

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby huntall6 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:13 pm

hunter69 wrote:I'm sorry if I pissed some people off but if I don't hunt an area anymore I will be willing to tell anyone that asks about the place or a good spot to go. it just being nice for one and keeping less experienced hunter interested or new hunter interested. I'm sure all of us would have loved to have info like this when we started. I know I'm a first generation waterfowl hunter in my family so had to find all my own spot and constantly getting beat by boats. if anyone else would like some info on goose fields in pyramid just let me know. ill pm you the info this time so no one gets heated. thanks


im not tryin to be a deuche bag, but when you tell specific details of exactly where you hunted and how it produced for you, you are really screwing the guys, like yourself, that did the leg work. im not tryin to target you in any way i just wanted to post this up for everyone to see. if you want to give up your best producing spot, thats fine, but please do it in a pm so not every internet scouter who is to lazy to do the legwork, knows where to go to kill ducks.
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.


vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
User avatar
huntall6
State Moderator
 
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:42 am
Location: Central IL

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby hunter69 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:40 pm

ya might make a trip up there in January. that's if I get my snow spear al together and my robos all charged. is there any decoy limit there? cus there wasn't when I went up there.
hunter69
hunter
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:58 pm

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby GooSeMaster88 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:45 am

wow you people are a bunch of sap heads and you wonder why theres 60-70 partys there on the weekends!!!! :rolleyes:
GooSeMaster88
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby resqer8 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:08 am

You know what I might be a sap head but It wasnt that long ago that I had a hard time finding a place to go hunting because of the availablity of public areas to go. To the guys that have to work all the time and only get a chance to go a couple of times a season and cant do the endless scouting your welcome. And to those of you complaining " suck it up cupcake ", does some compatition bother you. Maybe some thing should be done about the guys who show up and draw and then dont hunt at all. They end up going and hunting somewhere else after taking a draw away from everyone. So if I offended anyone by giving some info that might allow someone a chance to get out and hunt. " MERRY CHRISTMAS"
resqer8
hunter
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: pinckneyville, il

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby Yankeegray » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:59 am

rescuer
I respect your post I Hunted pyramid from day one up yo last year when I broke down and purchased my own place. Good to see a few hunters out there who are true sportsmen Not just worried about#1 Merry christmas to you .
Yankeegray
hunter
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:45 pm
Location: Southern Illinois Just SE of Pyramid

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby GooSeMaster88 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:37 pm

its not about bein number 1, i live an hour away from there, i do alot of bow huntin there and a lil waterfowl, ive done the leg work put in my time and thats why i kill birds. guess i should just long on here and yall can do the scoutin for me since thats what everyone wants, soo whats killin birds? been thinkin off goin down there since there smackin um ehh? :lol:
GooSeMaster88
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby resqer8 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:56 pm

Goose master88 It is very sad that there are guys like you in this sport. You either never were taught or dont appreciate the concept of sportsmanship. It is a said state of affairs when we have been reduced to cutting each others thoat to have less people at the draw. I am truely saddened at your attitude and my fear is there are more like you. I hope you have a great year hunting and get great numbers no matter how many people you screw to get them. Must make the thrill of the hunt much more special to you. Again " MERRY CHRISTMAS"
resqer8
hunter
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: pinckneyville, il

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby Yoda » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:18 pm

January Bonzai Run.
User avatar
Yoda
hunter
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby GooSeMaster88 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:11 pm

resqer8 wrote:Goose master88 It is very sad that there are guys like you in this sport. You either never were taught or dont appreciate the concept of sportsmanship. It is a said state of affairs when we have been reduced to cutting each others thoat to have less people at the draw. I am truely saddened at your attitude and my fear is there are more like you. I hope you have a great year hunting and get great numbers no matter how many people you screw to get them. Must make the thrill of the hunt much more special to you. Again " MERRY CHRISTMAS"




and you act like you know? im prolly one of the most true sportsman you will ever meet, i dont screw people i help people get into the sport the right way. since im such a selfish person that yoou speak of i wouldnt have gave my gun to my buddy the other day when his gun jammed up to let him shoot the birds, because i would rather see the look on a newbies face when they smash a mallard at ten yards, or that same day i wouldnt off helped the people next to me carry there gear out when all i had was a gun? ya your right there should be more like me cause im a true sportmans :thumbsup:
GooSeMaster88
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby resqer8 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:21 pm

Ok Goose if I have missed judged you then I appologize. I still beleive that everyone deserves the chance to know that there are areas to hunt and that there are areas open. I know that there are alot of people who dont get the chance to scout as much as others because of work and so on. I didnt give up the stakes that are better, just that there are areas that are huntable. Again sorry for my compasion for the sport and have a " MERRY CHRISTMAS".
resqer8
hunter
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: pinckneyville, il

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby huntall6 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:44 pm

resqer8 wrote:Goose master88 It is very sad that there are guys like you in this sport. You either never were taught or dont appreciate the concept of sportsmanship. It is a said state of affairs when we have been reduced to cutting each others thoat to have less people at the draw. I am truely saddened at your attitude and my fear is there are more like you. I hope you have a great year hunting and get great numbers no matter how many people you screw to get them. Must make the thrill of the hunt much more special to you. Again " MERRY CHRISTMAS"


how is he screwing anyone :huh: he is just concerned about the spot that he has worked his ass off for. think about it. you go out day after day to an area to find the best place to set up for birds. the day of the hunt comes, and you get out to that spot plenty before shooting light and do the normal work to set up a nice spread. then, 5 min before shooting light, some a$$hole comes screaming in from God knows where and sets up with 3 decoys 100yards away from you because the internet said that people are killin birds there. now both of your hunts are ruined because the second guy didnt want to do his own legwork.

who is cutting who's throat in this situation?
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.


vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
User avatar
huntall6
State Moderator
 
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:42 am
Location: Central IL

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby resqer8 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:57 pm

You know this is getting old 1ST PYAMID is a draw location for everyone. 2nd if you want to freelance it has to be 200yds from the nearest other hunter per park regs. and 3rd there is no secret that pyramid exists and if it is wrong to say that there are birds being killed there than pardon me for allowing the masses to swarm in to take all the 49 stakes and numerous freelance areas. MERRY CHRISTMAS.
resqer8
hunter
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: pinckneyville, il

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby huntall6 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:03 pm

his guy is talkin about specific areas within the park. i have no problem tellin people that so and so location is open for public hunting, but telling specifics about where exactly to kill birds to someone who is too lazy to go out and scout for themselves kinda pizzes me off.
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.


vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
User avatar
huntall6
State Moderator
 
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:42 am
Location: Central IL

Re: Pyramid State Park

Postby resqer8 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:12 pm

Read the past posts this guy was upset that I said that we are killing birds at pyramid and I never gave specific stakes or areas.
resqer8
hunter
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: pinckneyville, il

PreviousNext

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests