How was the South Zone opener?

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: quackadikt, randy marci, ghostingrey

How was the South Zone opener?

Postby waterfowler82 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:53 am

How did everyone's S. Zone opening day go? I hunted on the Pecos near Artesia and saw a total of 8 ducks all day, mostly mallards. I'm hoping we'll have some cooler weather up north to push down some birds. Anybody have any better luck?
waterfowler82
hunter

Postby Escopeton » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:04 pm

I am going in to the morning. So, I will let everyone know how I did. I will be hunting the Rio Grande Bosque - been seeing a lot of birds at the bridges by Albuquerque. Hopefully, there will some further down south.
Living large in the southwest.
Escopeton
hunter

Postby Escopeton » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:55 am

It turned out to be a nice day sitting next to the river. The ducks flew high for the first hour or so but after that nothing at all. Heard a couple of shots downstream and high up were some ducks that were out of range - "Sky Busters", oh well, it started early.
Living large in the southwest.
Escopeton
hunter

Postby waterfowler82 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:58 am

I'm surprised that there aren't more birds around here. It's damn near November; you'd think that we'd at least have some birds moving in that'd present some decent hunting opportunities.
waterfowler82
hunter

Postby imaduckaholic » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:34 pm

i havent gotten the chance to go cause of grades but im pretty sure i going out this weekend if anyone would like to take me under their wing im more then willing to go with them to get on some ducks
imaduckaholic
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting