Noxubee wma

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Noxubee wma

Postby LucasReed » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:45 pm

Can anyone shed some light?
I go to school at MSU and plan to hunt a bit there this season. My dad use to hunt there very often, but its been awhile.
- How do you obtain a application sheet to enter to be drawn for a hunt there?
- Any shell limits?
- Any other rules or regulations.

I've looked online a good bit, but its alot of reading for a little info, and not much time while im in school. Help me out please...
LucasReed
hunter

Re: Noxubee wma

Postby jrockncash » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:49 pm

Dude, read Chris's article on CYBERSCOUTING.
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
jrockncash
hunter

Postby drakechaser » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:47 pm

I put in for the draw all 4 years that I was at MSU and never got drawn. In fact my other 3 roommates had the same luck as me. From what I saw it was the same "random" people with permits every year :huh: . When the weather is right the birds are there for sure. Always enjoyed going to the overlook and watching the ducks roost in the evening.
"It's not that liberals aren't smart, it's just that so much of what they know isn't so" - President Ronald Reagan
drakechaser
hunter

Postby mw46 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:40 pm

I think you can obtain an application at the refuge office,but you usually have a somewhat decent shot of getting in on standby. Shell limit is 25 per hunter,you can bring 2 buddies an be sure to read the refuge regulations an follow them to the t :thumbsup: Its mostly woodies and mergansers,shooting there is based largely on weather conditions
The coot fighter
mw46
hunter

Postby psychogoc » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:21 pm

I got picked last 2 years, but not this year. Like they said, you can give it a go on the standby. They are fanatics out there for the rules...MAKE SURE your gun is in a case when entering and exiting the area, buddy of mine got stuck with a ticket last year, even though gun was unloaded and in back seat (crew cab). We had a little luck on Mergs and woodies out there last year, but are is so flooded, they have plenty of other options right now...
My eyebrows ain't plucked, there's a gun in my truck, oh thank God....I'm still a guy!
psychogoc
hunter

Postby LucasReed » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:18 pm

I got lucky and got drawn this year. My dad also got drawn. Thanks for the tip.
LucasReed
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting