Anyone wants to take a newbie out?

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Anyone wants to take a newbie out?

Postby ArizonaHunter » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:42 am

Hi Guys. I'm new to duck hunting. When season opened on the 23. I went to Alamo lake.. I was with my buddy. His first time duck hunting. we got like 9 ducks in the morning. and then we decide to take the boat and cruise around the lake and we saw lots of ducks. after that we went to Lake pleasant, In the back of lake pleasant. and one more guy came with us. we shot there 11 ducks.
That was my 3'rd time duck hunting. I would like to meet here new guys that like duck, quail, predator hunting. I don't know too many spots for duck hunting.

I live in Peoria (close to lake pleasant) I got an ATV, truck, gear, (not decoys, or other stuff) for duck hunting).

If anybody out there wants to take a newbie out for duck hunting please let me know. I respect your privacy (spots) I will not go there without the person who's taking me there. I respect everybody spot and hard work they have done to find a spot. Now I'm looking for a CHEAP BOAT just to have it for this season :biggrin: .
ArizonaHunter
hunter

Re: Anyone wants to take a newbie out?

Postby azbullsprig » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:43 pm

Hey arizona hunter. How was alamo lake? we hunted down by the dam. Where did you guys hunt. We also sat up on the hill and watched. saw some guys hunting, was that you. Did you have decoys out?
Field Staff:
Buck Gardner Calls
www.buckgardner.com
Memeber:
California Waterfowl Association
Ducks Unlimited
azbullsprig
hunter

Postby ArizonaHunter » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:50 pm

I don't know if it was us... There were like 4 or more boats at the end of the lake. some of them came with atv's. so i don't know who it was :sad: . but we drove around the lake couple times just to see where they are....
Last edited by ArizonaHunter on Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArizonaHunter
hunter

Postby azbullsprig » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:16 pm

were you with three guys, one wearing a bright red beanie?
Field Staff:
Buck Gardner Calls
www.buckgardner.com
Memeber:
Ducks Unlimited
azbullsprig
hunter

Postby ArizonaHunter » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:29 pm

It was just me and my friend. When we went to pleasant lake one more buddy came with us.
ArizonaHunter
hunter

Postby mert » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:05 pm

ArizonaHunter wrote:I don't know if it was us... There were like 4 or more boats at the end of the lake. some of them came with atv's. so i don't know who it was :sad: . but we drove around the lake couple times just to see where they are....

it was me man. why were u lookin for us ? to be a jerk like u were in the morning.i didnt see u my boat got stucked and i was trying to get it out but u dont start a conversation with" do something or beat it" u could it say it nice and i know cuz and i heard it so many times " i dont need a gun to kick ur ass " and nothing happens . be nice man be proffesional we all hunters we all know "first come first serve" but dont be an butt( good job on the cammo didnt see u there )
mert
hunter

Postby mert » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:06 pm

azbullsprig wrote:Hey arizona hunter. How was alamo lake? we hunted down by the dam. Where did you guys hunt. We also sat up on the hill and watched. saw some guys hunting, was that you. Did you have decoys out?

it was me man. why were u lookin for us ? to be a jerk like u were in the morning.i didnt see u my boat got stucked and i was trying to get it out but u dont start a conversation with" do something or beat it" u could it say it nice and i know cuz and i heard it so many times " i dont need a gun to kick ur ass " and nothing happens . be nice man be proffesional we all hunters we all know "first come first serve" but dont be an butt( good job on the cammo didnt see u there )
mert
hunter

Postby mert » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:08 pm

was a guy with the black lab there so this msg is for him the one i got into a verbal confruntation

"it was me man. why were u lookin for us ? to be a jerk like u were in the morning.i didnt see u my boat got stucked and i was trying to get it out but u dont start a conversation with" do something or beat it" u could it say it nice and i know cuz and i heard it so many times " i dont need a gun to kick ur ass " and nothing happens . be nice man be proffesional we all hunters we all know "first come first serve" but dont be an butt( good job on the cammo didnt see u there )"
mert
hunter

Postby azbullsprig » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:12 pm

Mert-
If you got your boat stuck you should have said something. Because from 60 yards away you guys just pulled up proceeded to stand there in the open at prime time 7am with birds overhead. I yelled "hey" to let you know we where there, you didnt respond. You proceeded to just stand there, some of you with shotguns thatswhy I said, do something or beat it. Then you guys grab your shotguns, no decoys and start to walk on the sand bar like your still going to hunt. Telling me to go F myself is not going to help your situation. Especially when i see guys with no decoys and no camo on. Sorry you got your boat stuck. But I find that hard to believe because you had no problemgetting in your boat and leaving. Maybe when the four of you skybusted and all unloaded your guns on the drake pintail 200 yards high, the concussion of the guns un stuck your boat.
As for as you guys saying you got your boat stuck and you where trying to get it out? Alls I saw was four grab shotguns. When where you doing anything to get your boat unstuck.. ?
Thanks for the nice comment on the camo job of the blind, it was like that because we got out there @ 3 am.
Sorry to sound like a prick but your 45 minute ordeal *** our hunting. That window from 7 am-8am is prime time. You cost us probably 6 to 8 ducks and a clean up of a decoy spread that is not so easy to put out in the Alamo 4 feet deep mud. If you hadnt of left so easily I would have more compasion and bought your story.
P.S. IF you got your boat stuck, then why did I not hear the engine rev up high and mud or sand shoot up from the prop? :fingerpt:
Field Staff:
Buck Gardner Calls
www.buckgardner.com
Memeber:
Ducks Unlimited
azbullsprig
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting