Goose Kabob Recipe??

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Goose Kabob Recipe??

Postby Littlejohnny29 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:15 pm

Just wondering if anyone here got an easy Goose Kabob recipe. Did a search here, but could not find one.

Thanks.
"One day before I die, I am going to hunt flooded timber in Arkansas"
Littlejohnny29
hunter

Re: Goose Kabob Recipe??

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:15 pm

rinse the breasts well with cold water and pat dry, place in a large bowl. then one at a time, place on a cutting board and slice against the grain into 1/4" thick strips or slabs , do all breasts this way...Next, place a long peice of Seran Wrap on the board and lay the strips out individually on half of the wrap leaving about 1/4" between them, then fold over the other half of the wrap sealing the edges. tenderize both sides with a meat mallet lightly as you can pound through them if you're not careful-the wrap makes it easier to contain the splattering blood and makes it easy to flip to pound the other side... :thumbsup:

mix in marinate. I like Cajun Injector Roasted Garlic and Herb...and you can google it online and order it ..it's good. or use italian salad dressing or a teriaky or any you like....marinate for 3-4 hours

take a pkg. of bacon and cut in half

take a lg. white onion and cut so you have 1" long 1/4" wide pieces...don't have to be perfect...size is for reference..
1 jar of mild-med. jalapenoes....
1 block philly cream cheese

lay bacon on board, lay breast strip on top, then on one end-place piece of onion, 1 jalapeneo, and a dab of cream cheese...roll TIGHTLY-important to keep stuffing it- and slide on a skewer...do all this way

get your grill hot, grill 5-10 minutes then flip..grill 5-7 minutes and then bast with -honey, mollasses, maple syrup, or...cane syrup-our favorate...let cook 2-3 minute more then pull of the grill...done! :thumbsup:

they are AWESOME!!! :thumbsup: :beer:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:15 am

bump...

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby duckdozer » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:21 am

How I do mine is take the breasts and cut them into about 3/4"-1" chunks let them marinate in your favorite steak marinade (I use daddy hinkels hotter than $700) make your onions and bell peppers in to about the same size chunks, as well as cutting smoked sausages into about 1/2 slices. Soak wooden skewers, start to alternate meat with veggies ocasionally putting on a piece if sausage. Wrap with 1 strip of bacon (doesnt have to cover all the kabob). Let sit for 1 hr, place on smoker/grill till med-rare. It takes about 2 hrs at 200 in my cheap-o propane smoker.
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 ('13) 185
Season #2 ('14) 197
Season #3 ('15) 96
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:20 pm

bump for Steve-O...

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby steve-o » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:41 pm

bookmark
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking