any slow cooker duck or goose breast recipes

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

any slow cooker duck or goose breast recipes

Postby duckin-A » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:47 pm

anyone have a delicious slow cooker recipe for goose or duck breast???? thanks for sharing!! :beer:
" I spent all my money on Liquor & Women,
and the rest I just wasted"!!!
duckin-A
hunter

Re: any slow cooker duck or goose breast recipes

Postby GroundSwatter » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:03 pm

I like duck gumbo. I think there was a gumbo recipe posted up on here at one point and time. Otherwise, you can try and find the recipe out of the ducks unlimited magazine they put out a year or so ago.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby Papachessie » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:55 am

It's better with legs but works with cut up breast. Put 1or 2 packs of lipton onion mushroom soup mix in the cooker and mix with 1/2 - 2/3 the amount of water that it calls for. You don't really need salt, the mix has enough with the smaller amount of water. Add duck or goose and a cut up onion (optional) and forget about it all day. Good over rice, noodles or mashed potatos.
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:26 pm

GroundSwatter wrote:I like duck gumbo. I think there was a gumbo recipe posted up on here at one point and time. Otherwise, you can try and find the recipe out of the ducks unlimited magazine they put out a year or so ago.

yea GS...I posted up a duck and goose gumbo recipe..it's still up as papachessie is making a big batch rat now... :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby duckin-A » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:48 am

thanks very much....Happy New Yr!! :beer:
" I spent all my money on Liquor & Women,
and the rest I just wasted"!!!
duckin-A
hunter

Postby don taylor » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:41 pm

The easiest recipe there is.

A can of spaghetti sauce.

A can of water.

Goose meat.

Put it inside a crock pot and turn it on.

Its nothing fancy, but it does cook the goose so well and hide its flavors you can serve it to anyone.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:52 pm

.....I take the skinned breasts and add a package of Onion soup/dip (dry powdered) with the water with 1/2 a cut up onion. I let it cook on low for about 6-8hrs,..then add carrots, new potatos, celery, mushrooms, and the other half of the onion and let her rip for another few hrs. or untill the vegetables are done. Use the juice from the pot and either mix with some Pillsbury gravy thickener or an onion gravy pack and eat it as a roast,..with some nice Grand flakey bisquits ,..makes a puppy pull a frieght train.
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 1ynggun » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:34 am

I just slow cooked 4 goose breasts in a BBQ sauce recipe yesterday. It was insane, the recipe is my wifes that I just applied to the goose instead of beef. I let them cook for about 10 hrs on low heat. When they were done, you pull it apart, just like pulled pork, throw it back in the pot on med heat for about 15 mins and you are good to go..My wife DOES NOT eat any game meat and she ate the whole sandwich, which tells you how good it was. Throw in to some texas pete and cole slaw. This recipe fed 4 (big eaters) with enough to feed four more. I will get the exact recipe and post it up. Guarantee you could win bets with people believing its beef and not goose.
1ynggun
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ohio mike » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:30 pm

Put two goose breasts in cooker covered with water,add1tsp each of onion and garlic powder.Cook on high about four hours or until its falling apart when touched with a fork.Remove and discard water.Pull breasts apart like beef return to cooker and add a can of Sloppy Joe sauce,stir well and rewarm.This is real quick and easy and requires no special talent.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby steevecalvin » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:49 pm

Goose is great, but Diane isn't kidding about the self-cleaning oven. If you don't have one you can still proceed so long as the oven is pretty clean to start, and you are willing to clean afterwards.When I prep a whole bird, I generally prick the goose skin with a barding needle rather than score the skin with a knife (it looks nicer). You can also minimize potential oil flares but adding some water into the bottom of the roasting pan.
steevecalvin
Newb

Postby cartervj » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:10 pm

My wife cooked 2 canada goose breast over sauerkraut in the crock pot, not sure what else was in it but it was the best. The only problem, we can no longer find the recipe. i think the recipe was German.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:34 pm

Pulled Goose

3-4 goose breasts
1 Med-Large Onion
1 Med-Large Green Pepper
1/8 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
16 oz of your favorite beer
1 bottle favorite BBQ sauce

Cut goose across grain in 1/2" strips and place in crock pot. Add Salt & Pepper to meat. Slice Onion & Green Pepper and place on top of meat. Pour in Beer. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Drain & discard Onion, Green Pepper & Beer. Fork shred meat. Add BBQ sauce and heat. Serve on rolls - feeds 6-8. Ridiculous.
assateague wrote:Wives are all against super cool, awesome ideas. If Columbus had been married, we'd all still be European.

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote: You just have to use the back of your throat and hum. That's how I would describe it anyways.
DeadEye_Dan
hunter

Postby babesdad » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:26 pm

In the slow cooker on low, cover bottom with raisins and a cup of water.
Place goose breast on raisins.
Place another layer of raisins and then another layer of goose.
Repeat as many layers as you want.
I usually do one goose at a time with the leg quarters on top since there is usually just two eating.
Cook till medium, I usually turn on before leaving for morning hunt and it is done at sundown.
Remove goose and throw the raisins away.
I made a large slow cooker full last year at deer camp, placed the legs in a seperate dish, sliced the breast and they all thought it was roast beef.

I made this for the "I don't like goose" people and they loved it.
babesdad
babesdad
hunter

Postby DeadWater » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:49 pm

I havent tried it with goose, but if you take the breast from 2 or three ducks and put them in a crock pot with a large can of fruit cocktail it turns out to be one of my kids favorites! Dont remember exactly how long, maybe 6hrs?
Dan

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests."---Patrick Henry
DeadWater
hunter

Postby daffy... » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:48 pm

def not 6 hours for duck
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby hunter2222 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:50 pm

i make italian duck or goose all the time and I haven't found anyone that hasn't liked it, even the ones that say ducks and geese are horrible no matter how you cook them, fill your cooker about 1/2 full with either duck or goose breasts and add:
1 8 oz jar ( i think its about 8 oz.) of diced pepperoncini peppers juice and all
1 can of beer if you don't like beer add water, if you use beer top it off with water if it doesn't cover the duck breasts
2-4 packets of dry Italian seasoning depends on how seasoned you want them, i use good seasonings 4 packets
optional 3-4 tbsp of tonys creole seasoning, sometimes i use it use sometimes i don't, it gives it a little kick to it but not to bad
cook on low for about 6-8 hours, sometimes you can just pull it apart other times you might have to slice it thin, serve on
hoagies, you can also put mozzarella on the buns and heat them in the oven till the cheese is melted.
hunter2222
hunter

Postby duckinismyluckin » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:35 am

One of my favorite sweet and savory crook pot recipes

4 to 6 duck breasts skin off and cleaned well

2 apples peeled and cut into quaters sometimes 8ths if small breasts like woodies are used

2 white onions sliced into 1/8 inch rings and seperated.

4 cloves finely chopped garlic

3 or four cups of Apple cider

A teaspoon of ground cinnamon

salt and peppers to taste

Get all of this in crock pot cook for 4 to 6 hours on medium heat or until duck falls apart goose will take longer

then add some more cider say a cup or 2
then add 2 cups of white rice

cook for another 30 minutes on medium heat or till rice is plump.

Then spoon on to plate or bowl and enjoy. Very simple very mild great recipe
duckinismyluckin
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:50 am

duckinismyluckin,
pm sent...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking