california pheasants

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

california pheasants

Postby duckjohn » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:40 pm

hey guys, i was wondering how many people here hunt pheasants in so cal. i havent found many places where people actually talk about this, most people always say not in cali. i found a place in corona that has a day hunt for $80 and you can take you limit of 3. i was just wonderin if anyone here go that route or go the public land route...
duckjohn
hunter

Re: california pheasants

Postby lumpy2181 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:50 pm

I hear that the Cleveland National Forest has some wild pheasants running around. The population isn't huge but decent enough to hunt. Check the CA DFG website for what areas hold what species. Good Luck. :thumbsup: :beer:
Bgold wrote:... I don't think we're doing it right though and my butt sure hurts...

That's what she said!!!
lumpy2181
hunter

Postby duckjohn » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:25 am

wow.... born and raised in so cal and i've never heard of that forest.... i see that they have duck and goose hunting there as well... thanks for that tip... really appreacite(sp?) it
duckjohn
hunter

Postby imateamroper2 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:42 am

if your in corona it must be rahaggis .if so i'v been there, had fun hunting those birds but was kinda lame at times too.when ya walk up on 'em and they don't move.ya gotta kick'em to make'em move. had a buddy walk up on one kicked it it didn't move so he stepped on it's head and bagged it. i was roflmao.so it depends.ya can always try it and see i had fun it was a expereince i'll never forget.
imateamroper2
hunter

Postby lunatic » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:12 pm

Cleveland National Forest is just north east of Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton. I believe Hwy 74 runs through it. It is closes to the 15.
"Semper Fi"
lunatic
hunter

Postby haiwee » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:45 pm

The problem with So Cal is what pheasants we have are all on private land. We have a buddy who owns a bunch of farmland near Holtville who lets us hunt; pretty much every year we get three or four birds.
haiwee
hunter

Postby chavarriamj » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:20 pm

Antelope Valley Sportsman Club has better pheasants then Rahaggis. There in the Antelope Valley near Lancaster up in the poppy field hills above. :lol:
chavarriamj
hunter

Return to Upland Game