louisiana transplant

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

louisiana transplant

Postby quackinmallard » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:32 am

i'm thinking of moving to the lewiston area and need to get hooked up with he hunting and fishing out there. i've lived in louisiana all my life and don't know much about how and where you do it out west. maybe i could swap a duck hunt/ redfish and speckled trout trip for any serious contenders
quackinmallard
Newb

Postby Bulljon » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:51 pm

Hey Quackin,

Lewiston is a nice town...there are alot of hunting and fishing opportunitites there. I live in Coeur d'Alene about 2 1/2 hours north. Turns out that I caught some redfish and trout down at Port Manfield Texas the week before Katrina...had a great time! When are you planning to move? :thumbsup:
Bulljon
hunter

Postby HaydenHunter » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:08 am

You will be shooting birds higher up the flyway and less wary than I understand LA birds to be. About 1.5 hours to the west of Lewiston is the Potholes Region of WA. If you lived in Lewiston's sister city of Clarkston, WA you could buy a WA license. Otherwise, good duckin' can be found 1.5 hourst north at the bottom of Lake Coeur d'Alene.

Good big game and fishing opportunities in N Idaho and E Washington, too.
HaydenHunter
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting