cooking advice...

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

cooking advice...

Postby ILWaterfowler » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:42 am

This past weekend, a fellow hunter gave my hunting party a goose since we didn't even get to fire a shot all weekend. Anyway, this goose has come into my posession and I am looking at recommended ways to cook it. What I was thinking of doing was putting vegetables inside the body and cooking it in a roasting bag the recommended amount of time, kind of like a turkey, I suppose. Does anyone have any thoughts on this process or tips? The goose was already soaked and is sitting, thawed, in my refrigerator right now. Any suggestions?

Using a slow cooker would also be a possibility, now that I think of it.
ILWaterfowler
hunter

Postby MacAttack » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:41 pm

I did a couple that way, I even did one in one of those george forman roticery, you have to watch it because you don't want it to dry out. if the skin is still attached it is less of a problem, if not go to the store and buy cheese cloth and put it over the goose and keep the bastin up. but anyhow its still delicious
MacAttack
hunter

Postby marcbme » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:52 am

The Ducks Unlimited website has a goose chili recipe that is freaken AWSOME!!!! One goose will make plenty for two
Lord......let me be as good a hunter as my dog thinks I am....amen
marcbme
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking