Duck Hunting Forum banner

Silverado intake

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Montanafowler 
#1 ·
I am looking for anyone who has a cold air type of truck intake. i have a 1999 silverado 4.8, and i would like to find someone who has a used intake off of their previous vehicle. I am located in CA, but i will be willing to pay shipping since it should not be all that much. Or if you know of a website that you could refer me to that has cheap intake systems.

Thanks

#3 ·
you can build your own out of pvc for about 40 bucks, throw a K&N on it and you're golden, built my own this spring, works great :thumbsup:

#6 ·
fashioned it myself, just bought pvc, 2 90 degree bends, mine were rubber, heard the pvc 90's work too, and a filter. took all the baffles out and took measurements. be sure to glue the pieces together when you do it. you can make a filter box to separate it from the engine compartment or just let the filter sit near the headlight. i'd also make a support underneath it near the filter or it might break on bumpy dirt roads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.