just wondering about shopping

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: Outdoor Gal, LadyK, NorCal Cazadora

just wondering about shopping

Postby huntingwidow » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:44 am

What do you guys look at or do in your local hunting store while your male counterpart is obsessing over which decoys he should get next? And since I know the guys will be checking this out too, what do your nonhunting girls do in the store while you shop? Any ideas what they would rather be doing while you shop?

I spend my time in the dog stuff or cruising quietly behind dh with my notepad writing down gift ideas as he goes.

Girls have you noticed that you have to take a trip through the hunting section everytime he goes to walmart with you? lol I've started going even when he isn't with me just because I know he'll ask me if anything was on sale.
huntingwidow
hunter

Postby MrsJumpshooter » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:02 pm

I look at the womes line of camo and the hunting stuff but then again im big on hunting. i also go through and with him and get gift ideas and drop hints on what i want too or i look in the cooking stuff
I hunt it, Therfore I cook it too!
MrsJumpshooter
hunter

Postby huntingwidow » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:22 pm

They don't really have any womens camo around here. I've been shopping for that on line.
huntingwidow
hunter

Postby MrsJumpshooter » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:19 pm

here they have a womens line of clothing in Sportsmans and Cabellas and smith ans edwards so I have a few stores
I hunt it, Therfore I cook it too!
MrsJumpshooter
hunter

Postby awonnaco » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:45 pm

My husband does not know there are other sections in wal-mart. I actually like looking at the camo stuff. I have been looking for a good inexpensive of waders for women, but have yet to find a pair for a smaller size women. My shoe size is 5-6 in waders and I have bigger hips and chest and I have only been told that I would have to custom order since my shoe size is smaller. Not much to look at in the womens clothing yet. Hopefully the companies will catch on and start to bring out a better variety.
My husband is always looking for a new duck call for his collection.
Angela
awonnaco
hunter

Postby huntingwidow » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:03 pm

oh man I never really thought about the hips and chest part when it comes to waders. I haven't even tried any on yet.
huntingwidow
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:47 pm

I like to go to the fishing department and look at all the lures and worms (not because I am a big fisherman, but because I think they look cool!). And the cooking stuff too. But most of the time I follow him around and let him tell me all the "cool" things about everything he's buying -- he gets so excited, plus it gives me gift ideas.
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby DROPDUX » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:21 pm

HuntingWife wrote:(not because I am a big fisherman, but because I think they look cool!).

whew! Glad to hear your not a fisherMAN. I'd say your posting in the wrong forum.
DROPDUX
hunter

Postby huntingwidow » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:53 am

I've been fascinated with the log cabin pictures they have in our gander mountain. Now I'm just trying to figure what I need to do to be able to afford one. lol
huntingwidow
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:01 am

DROPDUX wrote:
HuntingWife wrote:(not because I am a big fisherman, but because I think they look cool!).

whew! Glad to hear your not a fisherMAN. I'd say your posting in the wrong forum.

I only said that because (no offense to the ladies) I think fisherWOMAN sounds kinda dumb and a little too "I am trying to be PC." You know what I mean? I guess I should just say "fisher", like hunter, and leave it at that!
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby DROPDUX » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:48 am

My wife fishes, and when she does I call her a fisherchick :toofunny:

she doesn't seem to mind
DROPDUX
hunter

Return to Outdoors Women Forum