24 pound goose? what???

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby cluckmeister » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:40 am

I went to Texas once, stopped at a bar and ordered a beer, the bar tender brings me glass that would hold a gallon , I said damn that's big for a beer, he replies, Mr you're in Texas, everything's big down here. I sat there a while trying to down this beer and decided to order a ham sandwich, well the bar tender then brings me a whole loaf of bread and a shank of ham, I said damn I just wanted a sandwich, he replies Mr, Youre in Texas, and, everything's big in Texas. After drinking the beer I was a bit toasted and needed to go pee, I asked the bar tender where the bath room was, he says down the hall 2nd door on the right, I staggered down the hall and upon opening the 1st door on the right I immediately fell into the swiming pool thinking it was the crapper , I yelled don't flush it ,don't flush it. Moral of the story every things bigger in Texas so I guess a 24 pound goose wouldn't be out of the question. LOL
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator
 
Posts: 2775
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 pm
Location: Central Kansas


Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby Professor Chaos » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:48 pm

[quote="fireboy007"]hello here in the uk we have very large Canada geese average between 19 to 22 and they are very common here is a 14 ponder i shot my choc lab roy loved swimming with it in his mouth even tho he couldnt see where he was going
[url=http://s976.photobucket.com/user/anthonythrumble855/media/canada2_zps49f73f81.jpg.html][img]http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae246/anthonythrumble855/canada2_zps49f73f81.jpg[/img][/url][/quote]



Nice bird... Surprised you shot one so far below average.
:hi:
Believe Everything You Read On The Internet
Professor Chaos
hunter
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:07 pm
Location: WA

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby ksfowler166 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:42 pm

Any one want to argue with the University of Michigan? How about the University of Illinois? Both say 24lbs.
http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/a ... 2500F14F28
http://web.extension.illinois.edu/wildl ... anadagoose
De Oppresso Liber
User avatar
ksfowler166
hunter
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: NE Kansas

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby Gunnysway » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:46 am

mayhem96 wrote:Keep your decoys. But, they are out there...and so is Bigfoot :thumbsup:

And I thought Rochester, MN was "home of the giant goose" :huh:




It is...

We also want Jared Allan back... Thieves! :hammer:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
User avatar
Gunnysway
hunter
 
Posts: 3325
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 11:46 am
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby Gunnysway » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:47 am

cluckmeister wrote:I went to Texas once, stopped at a bar and ordered a beer, the bar tender brings me glass that would hold a gallon , I said damn that's big for a beer, he replies, Mr you're in Texas, everything's big down here. I sat there a while trying to down this beer and decided to order a ham sandwich, well the bar tender then brings me a whole loaf of bread and a shank of ham, I said damn I just wanted a sandwich, he replies Mr, Youre in Texas, and, everything's big in Texas. After drinking the beer I was a bit toasted and needed to go pee, I asked the bar tender where the bath room was, he says down the hall 2nd door on the right, I staggered down the hall and upon opening the 1st door on the right I immediately fell into the swiming pool thinking it was the crapper , I yelled don't flush it ,don't flush it. Moral of the story every things bigger in Texas so I guess a 24 pound goose wouldn't be out of the question. LOL




:lol:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
User avatar
Gunnysway
hunter
 
Posts: 3325
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 11:46 am
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby Mugzwump » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:13 pm

Shot two canadas opening day this year. There was an easy 40-50# between em. They get big... just depends what species you are actually getting. There are at least 7 subspecies recognized today. Some are really small... others a huge... with 7ft wingspans. All we're talking about here are the geese that get weighed... most of them just get shot and eaten so I'm sure the records have missed a few 30 pounders. Just think of how big some bass or pike can get... why not geese? I've seen some huge ones.

Mugz.
Mugzwump
hunter
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:42 pm
Location: CANADA

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby blackened89 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:30 pm

Mugzwump wrote:Shot two canadas opening day this year. There was an easy 40-50# between em. They get big... just depends what species you are actually getting. There are at least 7 subspecies recognized today. Some are really small... others a huge... with 7ft wingspans. All we're talking about here are the geese that get weighed... most of them just get shot and eaten so I'm sure the records have missed a few 30 pounders. Just think of how big some bass or pike can get... why not geese? I've seen some huge ones.

Mugz.


true that
there are some super freaks out there
User avatar
blackened89
hunter
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby Jake88 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:13 am

24 pounds is a big turkey!! 24 pound goose lol
Jake88
hunter
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby tornadochaser » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:44 am

Mugzwump wrote:Shot two canadas opening day this year. There was an easy 40-50# between em. They get big... just depends what species you are actually getting. There are at least 7 subspecies recognized today. Some are really small... others a huge... with 7ft wingspans. All we're talking about here are the geese that get weighed... most of them just get shot and eaten so I'm sure the records have missed a few 30 pounders. Just think of how big some bass or pike can get... why not geese? I've seen some huge ones.

Mugz.

Image
tornadochaser
hunter
 
Posts: 917
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:06 pm

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:07 pm

There you have it: proof positive of Mugzwump's claims. Someone snapped a photo of one just before he shot her.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
User avatar
Rick Hall
hunter
 
Posts: 13877
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby cluckmeister » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:29 pm

30 pounders, excuse me while I put my waders on
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator
 
Posts: 2775
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 pm
Location: Central Kansas

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby BBK » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:08 pm

cluckmeister wrote:30 pounders, excuse me while I put my waders on

Better use chest waders... its getting deep.
Why do I shoot 3.5" for geese? Because they don't make a 4" yet!
BBK
hunter
 
Posts: 3518
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:15 pm

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby cluckmeister » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:39 pm

BBK wrote:
cluckmeister wrote:30 pounders, excuse me while I put my waders on

Better use chest waders... its getting deep.



Yes sir, on second thought maybe a wet suit would be more appropriate
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator
 
Posts: 2775
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 pm
Location: Central Kansas

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby SPatrick » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:08 am

Sure they did...
Attachments
th.jpeg
th.jpeg (7.96 KiB) Viewed 744 times
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
User avatar
SPatrick
State Moderator
 
Posts: 2123
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:06 am
Location: MO

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby tornadochaser » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:57 am

I'm Rick James biatch!
tornadochaser
hunter
 
Posts: 917
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:06 pm

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby jrode237 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:06 pm

"They should have neva gave you $@#%& money".
jrode237
hunter
 
Posts: 1284
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:33 pm
Location: Central Wisconsin

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby Tealer » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:38 pm

Mugzwump wrote:Shot two canadas opening day this year. There was an easy 40-50# between em. They get big... just depends what species you are actually getting. There are at least 7 subspecies recognized today. Some are really small... others a huge... with 7ft wingspans. All we're talking about here are the geese that get weighed... most of them just get shot and eaten so I'm sure the records have missed a few 30 pounders. Just think of how big some bass or pike can get... why not geese? I've seen some huge ones.

Mugz.


As a kite, your high as a kite.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot
 
Posts: 6097
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:41 am
Location: Along the Columbia

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby Bill Herian » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:48 pm

I think mugz might be having some trouble converting his meters and kilos.
User avatar
Bill Herian
hunter
 
Posts: 4695
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:09 am
Location: breakin' hearts and blastin' farts in WI

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby razorrt5 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:44 pm

opening weekend along the MN/SD border shot a juvie giant Canada weighed 14-15 lbs
If it's not duck season...its one day closer
User avatar
razorrt5
hunter
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:18 pm
Location: Waverly , MN

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby Jake88 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:36 am

razorrt5 wrote:opening weekend along the MN/SD border shot a juvie giant Canada weighed 14-15 lbs

Hell yeah. I shot a whitetail fawn. It was a 12 pointer. Still had spots
Jake88
hunter
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby tornadochaser » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:59 am

15 pound juvies. Now we are getting somewhere.
tornadochaser
hunter
 
Posts: 917
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:06 pm

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby razorrt5 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:13 am

Jake88 wrote:
razorrt5 wrote:opening weekend along the MN/SD border shot a juvie giant Canada weighed 14-15 lbs

Hell yeah. I shot a whitetail fawn. It was a 12 pointer. Still had spots


are you sure it wasn't a jackalope?
If it's not duck season...its one day closer
User avatar
razorrt5
hunter
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:18 pm
Location: Waverly , MN

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:26 am

razorrt5 wrote:
Jake88 wrote:
razorrt5 wrote:opening weekend along the MN/SD border shot a juvie giant Canada weighed 14-15 lbs

Hell yeah. I shot a whitetail fawn. It was a 12 pointer. Still had spots


are you sure it wasn't a jackalope?


Most likely a jack-o-lantern.
User avatar
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 6087
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Southern Wisconsin

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby cluckmeister » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:46 am

You guys shooting these humungus geese, even though I live in Kansas, I was born in Missouri and that's the show me state, SO, the very next time you shoot one just don't say you shot one, show me PLEASE, A picture of one on a scale is worth a thousand words.
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator
 
Posts: 2775
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 pm
Location: Central Kansas

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby Jake88 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:32 am

cluckmeister wrote:You guys shooting these humungus geese, even though I live in Kansas, I was born in Missouri and that's the show me state, SO, the very next time you shoot one just don't say you shot one, show me PLEASE, A picture of one on a scale is worth a thousand words.

This. I wanna see one of these jumbos
Jake88
hunter
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:34 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AWall3322 and 9 guests