24 pound goose? what???

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Re: 24 pound goose? what???

Postby cluckmeister » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:40 am

I went to Texas once, stopped at a bar and ordered a beer, the bar tender brings me glass that would hold a gallon , I said damn that's big for a beer, he replies, Mr you're in Texas, everything's big down here. I sat there a while trying to down this beer and decided to order a ham sandwich, well the bar tender then brings me a whole loaf of bread and a shank of ham, I said damn I just wanted a sandwich, he replies Mr, Youre in Texas, and, everything's big in Texas. After drinking the beer I was a bit toasted and needed to go pee, I asked the bar tender where the bath room was, he says down the hall 2nd door on the right, I staggered down the hall and upon opening the 1st door on the right I immediately fell into the swiming pool thinking it was the crapper , I yelled don't flush it ,don't flush it. Moral of the story every things bigger in Texas so I guess a 24 pound goose wouldn't be out of the question. LOL
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby Professor Chaos » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:48 pm

[quote="fireboy007"]hello here in the uk we have very large Canada geese average between 19 to 22 and they are very common here is a 14 ponder i shot my choc lab roy loved swimming with it in his mouth even tho he couldnt see where he was going
[url=http://s976.photobucket.com/user/anthonythrumble855/media/canada2_zps49f73f81.jpg.html][img]http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae246/anthonythrumble855/canada2_zps49f73f81.jpg[/img][/url][/quote]

Nice bird... Surprised you shot one so far below average.
:hi:
Believe Everything You Read On The Internet
Professor Chaos
hunter

Postby ksfowler166 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:42 pm

Any one want to argue with the University of Michigan? How about the University of Illinois? Both say 24lbs.
http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/a ... 2500F14F28
http://web.extension.illinois.edu/wildl ... anadagoose
De Oppresso Liber
ksfowler166
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:46 am

mayhem96 wrote:Keep your decoys. But, they are out there...and so is Bigfoot :thumbsup:

And I thought Rochester, MN was "home of the giant goose" :huh:

It is...

We also want Jared Allan back... Thieves! :hammer:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:47 am

cluckmeister wrote:I went to Texas once, stopped at a bar and ordered a beer, the bar tender brings me glass that would hold a gallon , I said damn that's big for a beer, he replies, Mr you're in Texas, everything's big down here. I sat there a while trying to down this beer and decided to order a ham sandwich, well the bar tender then brings me a whole loaf of bread and a shank of ham, I said damn I just wanted a sandwich, he replies Mr, Youre in Texas, and, everything's big in Texas. After drinking the beer I was a bit toasted and needed to go pee, I asked the bar tender where the bath room was, he says down the hall 2nd door on the right, I staggered down the hall and upon opening the 1st door on the right I immediately fell into the swiming pool thinking it was the crapper , I yelled don't flush it ,don't flush it. Moral of the story every things bigger in Texas so I guess a 24 pound goose wouldn't be out of the question. LOL

:lol:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Previous

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum