New to Mississippi

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

New to Mississippi

Postby lukariffic » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:16 pm

Hi there all,
Im new to mississippi from australia, live in the Hattiesburg area, a mature 27 yrs old. I have experience with upland birds, but no waterfowl experience.
I have a great 2yr old Grand River Black Lab. I am hoping to get him and myself some experience in a Duck blind or goose field.
I am looking for hunting budies, training budies, assistance to find a regular hunting spot.
I am interested in all types of bird hunting, quail would be great too.

I am respectfull of nature and all people. And hopefully a pleasure to be around
lukariffic
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:47 pm

:welcome: To the fine state of Mississippi...Check out your local WMA's....your still a ways from prime duck grounds, but, your ALOT closer :yes: :yes: :yes: If ya find your way up here...give a holla :cool: :cool: :cool:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby IBBoykin » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:22 am

www.mdwfp.com and they have a listing of all the state WMA's.
Warning, if you hunt a WMA in the state of Mississippi, as of this year, you have to have an additional $15 permit in conjunction with your hunting license and state/federal duck stamps.
As to quail, they moved out years ago. The state of Alabama has quite a few preserves for pheasant and quail. I have been to a few and had a blast. www.alabamaquailtrail.com
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting