how late is too late for planning the trip

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

how late is too late for planning the trip

Postby Yoda » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:16 pm

i'm still trying to be proactive about planning my trip for next year. one of the hang ups is the hunter education requirement. here in illinois we don't have that requirement. my buddy and i went online and did a course, but we still need to plan a field day. right now the only scheduled field day is for july of next year. i'm assuming more classes will open up, but what if they are all just as late? i saw that licenses go on sale in May. Ideally, i would like to get my license in May, make sure i have that secured and then book my place to stay. now, that looks like that may get pushed back into July or even the end of july. to me, i think that would be cutting it too close. should i just go ahead and book the place to stay and assume that getting the license at that time of year would be no problem. i remember years ago when i was researching this trip, there was some kind of cap on NR licenses....maybe that was just a proposal, as i can not find anything relating to that now.

thanks in advance for any info
Yoda
hunter

Re: how late is too late for planning the trip

Postby AlphaDuck » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:02 pm

It is never too late.
AlphaDuck
hunter

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting