CRIT Questions

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

CRIT Questions

Postby pbd » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:57 pm

Over the years I’ve done quite a bit of dove and quail hunting on CRIT land, this year I’m going to try and do some damage to the waterfowl population. Does anyone know what the license and stamp requirements are if I hunt the reservation?

Are the duck limits 7 with no more than 2 sprig, 2 hen mallards and one can? What are the geese limits?

Are there any regulations, prohibitions or restrictions on taking birds off the reservation after the hunt?

Thanks in advance.
pbd
hunter

Re: CRIT Questions

Postby BigJls1 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:12 am

Their limits are the same that USFW sets; they don’t have to use our limits they just do, probably because it’s a lot less work for them. As far dates though, they have some different open and closed dates.
Biggest thing going against them is all the closed areas, BE very careful as to find open and closed areas. They are really harsh on violations. I have hunted two different reservations and found it to be not worth it, If I lived closer to one with a lot of fowl I may not make the same statement, but For me to drive 3 hours and then have to scout and find where the holes are at, for that amount of work I can do that closer to the house and not have to pay extra res fees.

Good luck

JJ
BigJls1
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting