New to hunting yotes

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

New to hunting yotes

Postby murdocki » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:08 pm

Hay guys, I'm new to Yote hunting. I wonted to see what kind of advice you guys could give me before I go out on my first hunt. I do a lot of duck and goose hunting on so property and the land owner and his nabors have asked me to take care of the yotes that are around the property. I just got back from Sportsman's a bought a mouth call along with a hand call. What should I expect on this first run around, I see them out there all the time with in 100 yards. I'm thinking that I will skin the yotes and sell the pelts to a local fur shop.
murdocki
hunter

Re: New to hunting yotes

Postby aggiechiro » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:19 pm

i dont know about where you are but down here most folks also have a pig problem. easy way to handle both is to kill a pig in the evening or at night, take the meat and leave the body and guts to lay in the field. the next morning it makes a nice bait.
Gig 'em!
aggiechiro
hunter

Postby TopGunMich » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:43 pm

Go to you tube and watch some videos. I would suggest Bucking the Odds .com, they have alot of great videos and a web site. Look up coyote and predator hunting forums and get info from there, too !

Good luck...
STIMULUS PKG THAT WOULD WORK: PUT A $1000 DOLLAR REWARD ON THE 15 MILLION ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IN THIS COUNTRY, $2500 ON DRUG DEALERS, & $5000 ON TERROIST, $10000 ON POLITICANS !!!!!!
TopGunMich
hunter

Postby murdocki » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:33 pm

Thanks for the help guys. I live in Nevada so there seems to be a whole lot of yotes here, I wish we had a pig problem. I love pork.
murdocki
hunter

Postby spooneyblaster » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:47 pm

where at in nv been yote hunting for years mabey we could go as a team
spooneyblaster
Newb

Postby cshunter » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:34 pm

yea where in nevada? im up in cold springs and ive been wanting to go after yotes as well for the first time
cshunter
hunter

Postby TomKat » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:56 am

Make lots of noise getting into your stand. Sit in a lawn chair and smoke ciggarettes, eat potato chips, talk with your buddy.

You need at least a .50 caliber to kill them, a quad .50 would be better, mounted on a helecopter.
TomKat
Dorothy

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum