Slow diver ducks at Lake St. Claire anywhere else?

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

Slow diver ducks at Lake St. Claire anywhere else?

Postby it flies it dies » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:07 pm

I have had the slowest year in recent memory this year. I have had a very hard time with all the pressure I am getting at lake saint claire. Is anyone else feeling this pressure and lack of duck activity this year or over the last 3 years?
it flies it dies
Newb

Postby Cobra » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:27 pm

Decent amount of pressure on inland waters on the west side but it's been very warm. Once it gets nasty the fair weather boys bail out and deer season will cut numbers as well. Local numbers have been dropping steadily over the past 10 years here and until we get rid of this 60* stuff it's going to be tough.
First it rained, then it blew, then it frizz, then it snew --- from an oldtimers gunning boat ~~ He understood what it's about!
Cobra
hunter

Postby Layout » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:45 pm

VERY slow here............

I can tell ya this, we haven't seen hardly any birds at all this year as compared to years past. I live right on the water, and the bird #'s are down around here!!!!!!!!!

Lot's of honkers though.
A ton of lead anchors

- Long live the retired "duck bus".
Layout
hunter

DECOY SEARCH

Postby diversdown » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:13 am

READING YOUR POSTING, NOTICED YOU HUNT ON LAKE ST CLAIR. i FOUND A DECOY A FEW YEARS AGO IN NORTH CAROLINA, AND IT WAS A LAKE ST CLAIR BLOCK. i'VE SEARCHED PRETTY HARD TO FIND SOME OTHERS BUT JUST UNABLE TO FIND ANY FOR PURCHASE. hAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF THIS DECOY COMPANY AND IF SO WHERE I COULD PURCHASE THEM AT. YOU CAN EMAIL ME IF YOU LIKE JEFFRE.T.WILDER@SPRINT.COM THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
diversdown
hunter

Postby duckslayer221 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:25 pm

we had a pretty steady year this year but it was a lot slower than the last 2. still got plenty of limits with bluebills/red heads/cans/and buffies
if it flies it dies
duckslayer221
hunter

Lake St. Clair

Postby gunner7848 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:26 pm

were u hunting off shore or layout hunting iv been hunting the lake 4 seven years and i c more and more hunters every year i dont even like 2 hunt on the weekends alot of spots i hunted cant even go because of 2 many hunters and the cops r now telling us we cant park there any more i hope the slower season make none dedicated people not hunt next year ImageImage
2007 season
1 TURKEY-1-10" BEARD
WALLEYE:
BOATED-176
Me-78
GEESE-34
DUCK-58
BANDS-3
My favorite duck and goose call timber call and Michigander by David Lewis
gunner7848
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting