Saskatchewan Teal?

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Saskatchewan Teal?

Postby mtriverrunner » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:19 pm

I would like to make a trip up to Sk next year in early Sept and target teal. Is this even practical? Are there high enough concentrations of teal in places to make it worth while? I have managed to shoot a few teal up there in the past but have never found any large concentrations. Also, I have never headed that way in early september, and dont really know what to expect that early. Any info that anybody could share would be greatly appreciated. Any general areas that I should look to?
Thanks in advance
mtriverrunner
hunter

Re: Saskatchewan Teal?

Postby REM1100 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:48 pm

There some teal in some of the shallow cattail marsh areas especially bays and every dugout you will find some teal in small groups
They are quite tame as nobody bothers shooting them as they are scrawny and taste fishy and are not field canditates
on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Return to Canada Duck Hunting