Getting to Know Everyone

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Getting to Know Everyone

Postby DuckSlayer10 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:54 pm

Just wanted to start a thread to get everyone to tell about themselves. If you could post what part of the state your from and/or hunt, how much you hunt and anything else you see fit.

I hunt mainly the western part of the state, along with Missouri and Illinois. Been too Missouri already and seen a bunch of ducks. Its a matter of time before they get down here.
If it flies, It dies!
DuckSlayer10
hunter

Postby Fowlercon » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:35 pm

I live in Louisville and hunt on the river or in Shelby Co. I hunt every weekend and sometimes in between weekends from early season then from Thanksgiving till the end. I also have hunted in southern Illinois on several occations. Planing on possibly taking a trip to TN this year. Fed up with the lack of ducks in my area. If you get ducks I have gun and dog, will travel. BTW, welcome to the site. :thumbsup:
"It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling
into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Postby kyfowler » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:51 pm

i from N. Ky Taylor Mill/covington area and hunt the river in Bracken Co.
we hunt every weekend and over christmas break we hit it pretty hard, i will hopefully be hunting on snow days if parents allow.

Good luck this season, let us know how the hunting is in your area.
kyfowler
hunter

Postby BlueGooseTN » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:25 pm

Alrighty, I live on the KY/Tn Stateline , Around the Fulton County Ky/ Lake County Tn /Reelfoot Lake Area.
I do 95% of all my duck and goose hunting in Fulton County. We have a couple of pits along the Mississippi River and 1 off the Long Point WaterFowl Refuge. I also have permission to hunt fields in laydown blinds. I like a good duck hunt in a flooded corn field, but I am really growing on flooded timber hunts in the Hickman Bottoms. I also chase Snow Geese from Fulton County to Ballard County.

I hunt 3-4 days a week, on the weekends and after school !!

Go WILDCATS
WPS!
BlueGooseTN
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting