South Dakota ?

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

South Dakota ?

Postby cam liden » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:01 am

Im thinking about going to college in South Dakota next year and ive never been there before. I was wondering if any body could tell me where the best part of the state is for waterfowl, and where the least hunting pressure might be. Cities and counties would be nice. Im not looking to steal anybody's spot, just want to know where i can kill some birds while im in college. Any help will be appreciated.
cam liden
hunter

Re: South Dakota ?

Postby Kurt » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:30 pm

east side of the state. went to brookings for 2 years grew up in watertown and there is a shat ton of public land and lots of birds in that country. since you will be going to school you can hunt what ever you want like big game, whitetail antelope, mule deer even mountain lions if you go west, grouse to. look on the game and fish web site and it will have all the info you want like areas to hunt. dont forget we are the pheasant capital of the world you will get tired of dodging the damn things, they are hell on grills. we have alot of snow this year and that means water in the slews witch will mean epic duck hunting if the weather is right in the fall. bring your long under wear we just got done with a week of negative temps for out highs :biggrin:
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby cam liden » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:54 am

thanks, Kurt ive always wanted to hunt there, and now i have the chance to live there too. Cant wait.
cam liden
hunter

Postby Kurt » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:02 pm

good ice fishing to when hunting seasons are over. there is always some thing to shoot be it coyotes or pdogs.
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby WildlifeDisease » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:26 pm

I agree with Kurt. I went to grad school in Brookings. :grooving:

-Marc
Virginia Wildlife Disease Biologist
USDA-APHIS-Wildlife Services
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/wildlife_dama ... inia.shtml
WildlifeDisease
hunter

Postby mike cook » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:21 pm

My wife and I are thinking about moving to rapid city area. please tell me the duck and goose hunting is good in that area to. Or at least fair?
"AMERICA FIRST" !
JOIN THE " NRA "
mike cook
hunter

Postby Kurt » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:07 pm

fair yes it has it pockets where there are birds but from the river farther east it gets better.
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting