1/17/10 Post today's hunts here!

A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.

Moderator: captainkevan

1/17/10 Post today's hunts here!

Postby rhyanca » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:09 pm

I head out to my local refuge this morning, and set up near the parking lot because typically ducks fly near and there isn't anyone around to ruin my hunting(sky-blasters and bandits). The sun starts to rise and I see no ducks. Keep sittin' til' about 8:00, still no ducks. Then, I hear some geese way out in the distance. I just got my new goose call, so I think it can't hurt to try to call. I honk a couple times and sure enough, everything breaks loose. First, two canada geese break through the fog, followed by a large flock of about 10. I give a couple more honks and sure enough, they see my two decoys. I am watching them start to work, when I hear a loud honk behind me. I turned around just in time to see a large honker headed right over me. I jumped up and put one shot in his wing of a #4 shot, dropping him on my decoys, finished him off and grabbed him. When I got back to the check-in box, everyone else was just headed back also. Alot of guys were jealous because most people out there have had trouble killing one on the refuge. I just found it kind of funny that I have only been hunting this refuge for a year, yet I get one of the most sought after birds in the area. Made me feel good about my calling. Not bad for a single-shot Remington, huh? :hammer: :grooving: What did the rest of you guys get?
Attachments
goose1.jpeg
goose2.jpeg
goose3.jpeg
shoot-n-goose wrote:
pgquackstacker wrote:If one of those little weirdos seriously hit me you better believe I would punt the hell outta them.

The only way one could seriously hit you is in the nads. You'd be rolling on the ground while the little gremlin waddles off down the yellow brick road
rhyanca
hunter

Re: 1/17/10 Post today's hunts here!

Postby LJBerry » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:13 pm

I got 1 hen pintail, 2 hen mallards and 4 drakes.Got my limit and dad fell through the ice :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper:
LJBerry
hunter

Re: 1/17/10 Post today's hunts here!

Postby Decoy King » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:09 pm

Way cool.
Decoy King
hunter

Return to Youth