Camera for trip

A place to share and ask questions about outdoor photography.

Moderators: Kiskadinna, Greenhead Grappler

Camera for trip

Postby Beretta_Is_Betta » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:48 pm

So im planning a trip with my dad and cousin for this summer. We are heading to Idaho to do some trout fishing. I want to get a camer and i was thinking a DSLR. I have never owned one and have been looking aorund for a while now, and i think im gonna get a nikon d3000. ive heard its a good beginner camera and its price isnt to high. Being tht i dont know to much what to you guys think. It will come with a lense but i was thinking of getting another to allow for more zoom so i can get some real cool shots. Idaho and the trip out there is some real beautiful country so i dont want to miss any of. let me know what you think of my choice of camera and anything else you can recommend.
Beretta_Is_Betta
hunter

Re: Camera for trip

Postby Decoy King » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:28 pm

I reccomened that you come to Idaho for Trout fishing. I live in Idaho and it is some of the best fishing in the world. You will get some really cool pics.
Decoy King
hunter

Postby REM1100 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:18 pm

My nephew has a Nikon 3000D..it is an excellent camera and has the Best kit lens overall 18-55mm VR
I would buy the Nikon 55-200mm F4-5.6 VR $250 for trout fishing and use a zip lock bag in the camera Bag just in case you get excited
with the trout
on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby Beretta_Is_Betta » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:28 am

Yea i think im gonna go with the d3000....and yes idaho is awesom went ther bout 5 years ago and had a blast camping and fishing 30 miles form anything its really awesome...thanks for the input im gonna try to get the camera with in the enxt month or so and ill try getting some pics p of the local wildlife so i can get some practice in before the ttrip
Beretta_Is_Betta
hunter

Return to Outdoor Photography Forum