Duck Hunting Forum banner

How many of you hunt or have hunted Farmington Bay

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Wingshot3 
#1 ·
Be honest now, I know there is alot of you! Have you guys had good hunts or bad ones? Where did you go?

#3 ·
Farmington Bay is where I have always hunted, where my Dad would always take me when I was young. Hunting is hit or miss, depending on the weather, etc. There are a lot of guys out there on most days, especially weekends. I go to the south end. I wouldn't hesitate going somewhere else, I just really don't know where else to go. Any suggestions?

#5 ·
FB has a bad reputation? maybe for the big opener! but other than that its kicks butt on most places unless you have alot of money for a private club but besides that there are over 200,000 ducks on FB right NOW so what the heck are you thinking FB is bad?? The opening weekend does really have way to many people out their but after that I bet 60% of them don't come back more than once! FB ROCKS!!!!!!!!

#6 ·
I know Farmington Bay holds a lot of ducks. it is also the undisputed most populated wma in the state that is why I stay away. It also makes no sense to me to drive closer to Salt town to hunt I live in the north so I hunt in the north. I was not slamming your spot two of my hunting buddies like to hunt it. I hear all about it. When we go they would still rather go to the spots that I frequent. Not because there are more ducks usually there are less ducks,but because there is less pressure. Less pressure meens ducks work to a call better. decoy better and no one shoots at them when they are set in. That is all. I know plenty a duck is killed at FB.
I wish you well there.

Bret

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.