Cabelas Vortex Spinning Wing system

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

Cabelas Vortex Spinning Wing system

Postby Tarponman » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:24 am

I recently purchased the vortex and would appreciate some tips anyone could provide on positioning vs the other floaters (I'll be useing it over a pond) vs the wind and vs me hiding in the reeds

I would alos appreciate it if people who don't like spinning wing decoys just not reply I am aware of the debate/controversy over this topic and don't want to stress out about 2 days before the opener
Tarponman
hunter

Vortex

Postby ks_waterfowler » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:36 pm

From what I have seen on videos, out it where you want the birds to be. It seemed like every duck they saw went straight to that thing. I guess I would probably put it where I would regularly put a spinner. Trial and error. See what the first group does and go from there. Let me know how it works, cause if they are still legal next year I will probably get one.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby Tarponman » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:44 pm

Thanks! I will post next week.

Arkansas banned for next yr. I hunt Mi hopefully they'll still aloow it but
we'll see.

It has such an economic benfit that there will be a lot of lobbying against a nationwide ban
Tarponman
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum