East Zone Boys

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

East Zone Boys

Postby Smackaduck » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:03 pm

You east zone boys are so quiet. How did yall do on your opener. :laughing:
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby La. Hunter » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:37 pm

Not to good! The 1st shot of the morning I downed a woodie and spent the rest of the morning trying to find him. Unfortunately he dove under on me in the very thick undergrowth of the swamp that I hunt and I was unable to find it. I thought that he was dead when he hit the water, but as we started paddling toward him he dissapeared. I saw numerous birds, but it seemed that I had the paddle in my hand each time instead of the trusty shotgun. But I can't really complain, because my son was with me and he agreed that he would rather find the one duck that was down than continue hunting. I don't want to raise him to be like others that I have hunted around, that if they don't find their wounded game immediately they give up on it. I now wish that I had another lab, but this will take some time to convince the wife who thinks that our one dog is enough.

Hoping to be back in the morning and see if I can have more luck than this morning. Heard reports around about many more mallards killed than usual for opening morning and also lots of reports of teal being killed. I saw mostly teal and woodies with a couple small flights of mallards this morning.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby jasonphoto01 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:08 am

didnt hunt do to some go devil problems but talked to some ppl who hun the same area and said that they limitd with a mixed bag of woodies, teal, and 1 green head. ill be out there during this week and will be sure to report what i get!
jasonphoto01
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:11 am

Sounds good I stayed here in the west zone, but my padnuh went over there near merouge and they shot 13 between three people yesterday teal and grey ducks.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby Duckbuster109 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:23 am

I had been awake since about 4:00am Friday morning, so it was all I could do to try to stay awake out in the field Saturday morning. I would doze off and then start to come to and see the Mojo out of the corner of my eye and get excited. Haha. I didn't kill anything, but my Bro-n-law got one teal (he was also falling asleep). I'm planning three consecutive great hunts over the next few days. I'll post then.
If it flies, it dies.
Duckbuster109
hunter

Postby Lac Aux Sien » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:39 am

Went to the West Zone at Toledo Bend for the opener. Could only stay for the weekend, but limited out on Mallards, Greys and Weidgons. Lots of birds in the area. I hunted around Solans, major gunning around the Blue Lake area.
THERE IS ALWAYS A PLACE FOR God'S CREATURES, "RIGHT NEXT TO THE RICE."
Lac Aux Sien
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting