Mathews Outback...

From big game to target practice to 3d shoots

Moderators: LaRedneck, birddog crazy, buffleheadnc2

Mathews Outback...

Postby Coleman24 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:25 pm

Just got myself a new bow, new bow to me was used before... Got it from a friend who decided he wanted an even faster bow to hunt Mulies, Elk, and other animals out west... Just wondering what others think of Mathews bows, and if anyone shot/shoot an outback how do you guys like it?

Im excited about it, considering Im finally getting rid of the youth bow haha
Coleman24
hunter

Re: Mathews Outback...

Postby carolinagreenhead » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:13 pm

Look at my avatar. Nuff said. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Postby Coleman24 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:52 pm

goooooood deal :thumbsup:
Coleman24
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:56 am

I shoot Mathews Q2 and it's gets the job done. All Mathews bows are fast and quiet. I killed two bucks this past season and both were pass throughs at 25 yards. the main thing i like about mathews is how wuiet they are. I took three shots on a doe on opening day before she figured out something wasnt right
duckman27
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:32 am

I've been shooting my Outback since they came out. Got a couple rock solid kills on whitetails. about 70 yards of tracking between 3 deer (35,32,23 yard shots). I shoot Carbon express CX-300 but i'm looking at getting some new arrows and a new string/cable this offseason. You got a serious deer slayer for sure. I went out to north dakota a few years back to hunt mulies. I was putting 6 arrows in a paper plate at 50 yards. Just put your time in to get it shooting sweet and that bow won't let you down. I wouldnt flinch at taking that bow out west for elk, moose, bears, anything. Good bow, good luck.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby carolinagreenhead » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:16 pm

Bill Herian wrote:I've been shooting my Outback since they came out. Got a couple rock solid kills on whitetails. about 70 yards of tracking between 3 deer (35,32,23 yard shots). I shoot Carbon express CX-300 but i'm looking at getting some new arrows and a new string/cable this offseason. You got a serious deer slayer for sure. I went out to north dakota a few years back to hunt mulies. I was putting 6 arrows in a paper plate at 50 yards. Just put your time in to get it shooting sweet and that bow won't let you down. I wouldnt flinch at taking that bow out west for elk, moose, bears, anything. Good bow, good luck.

That bow is capable of much better groups than that if you take the time to practice, practice, practice. Groups of 2 or 3 inches is not uncommon. But again, it takes practice and time spent shooting. It also depends on what you want out of your bow. If your good with a pie plate then all is well. JMHO.
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Postby Drake Drayage » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:58 pm

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, that Outback can take down anything. I have three elk with my Outback. It might not be the fastest, but it's smooth - and being as heavy as it is it'll keep you steady in the wind and rain. Have fun!
Shade Prostaff
Blackberry Kazoo Boy Productions
Drake Drayage
hunter

Postby Coleman24 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:58 am

sweet looking forward to getting in. The youth bow I shoot now I have practice ALL THE TIME. Just wanted a better bow that I can keep for awhile... My dad and I shoot all the time, he is a competitor shooter I do the hunting with mine, So I am deff looking forward to getting it next weekend. Thanks A lot
Coleman24
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:06 am

I figured if I could put them in a pie plate I could put them in a lung. My sight and rest were by no means top of the line when i went on that hunt. With my new setup im shooting a little tighter yet.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby assateague » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:56 pm

I think you made a great choice. I traded in my SQ2 lat year for a Drenalin, and wish I would have got an old Outback or Switchback. My Drenalin is fast and quiet, but nothing like the SQ2 or Outback. Good luck and enjoy!
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby Bandit29 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:35 pm

99.9% of all misses are operator error, not the bow or gun. IF you put in the time, practice, more practice and be sure your bow is tuned (with your broadhead of choice) and a good range finder, you will be fine. Doesn't matter if it is a $300 or a $1200 outfit. Good Luck! They are great bows.
Bandit29
hunter

Return to Archery