Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.
Moderators: whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell, fowl_wishes
Any of you Chevy gurus out there know anything about this message? Only comes on periodically, doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason though maybe most often when cold around here. Truck has just over 101K miles on it and just started coming on recently.
Something to bring to dealer for or what? I do use the 4WD periodically and all has functioned fine. Thanks for any help guys.
- Posts: 848
- Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:33 am
- Location: Baton Rouge/Mandeville, La
i got a 2003 chevy z71 and had the same problems....it can be a number of problems...
1. poor electrical connection at transfer case
2. auto/push buttons need replaced
3. actuator motor going bad
4. transfer case computer bad
5. auto traction sensor on the wheels dirty.
i would start by cleaning the connection at the transfer case. then go to the car wash and clean up behind the wheels really good. the push buttons are an easy replacement, but i'd wait to see if the cleaning helps.
then i'd take it to the dealer or a auto mechanic.
- Posts: 589
- Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:50 am
- Location: Southern Illinois...That's below I-64
Return to Vehicle forum
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests