On the Way!

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

On the Way!

Postby Cephous » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:31 am

Ok guys we are down to 4 days and counting. MS season opens 11/25 and boy am I excited! Is anyone else ready?
There's a reason it's called huntin' and fishin' instead of killin' and catchin'
Cephous
State Moderator

Postby redneck23ms » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:26 pm

i'm definitely ready but not many ducks down here yet. i burned a tank of gas yesterday afternoon down here in the marsh and only saw maybe 20 ducks. never the less i will be out there opening day bright and early
shoot them in the face, they may be wearing body armor
redneck23ms
hunter

Postby IBBoykin » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:58 pm

I cannot wait. It is killing me with only 3 days left. It seems like an eternity.
I did get some real good scouting in this weekend and I found a large concentration of shovelers and woodies but also a mixed bag in large numbers of geese.
I may hunt with a Boykin, but she is going to be picking up geese and ducks come friday, even if the ducks are shovelers.
I know many who will not shoot them, but for me, they are perfect for freezing whole and use them throughout the year training dogs.
Everybody be sure and report in with numbers after the weekend.
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby Cephous » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:02 pm

I still have to check out my spot. Talked to someone and they say it may be dry just like everything else in the Delta. Sure hope there is some water there, at least enough to wade. Sure will be a pain if there isn't anything to hold the ducks. Will be glad to share info come Monday morning.
There's a reason it's called huntin' and fishin' instead of killin' and catchin'
Cephous
State Moderator

Postby IBBoykin » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:44 pm

To me, what I find both strange and humorous, is the folks that have leases. They pump their fields and yet complain about not being any water. They have yet to figure out that if there is not any water and they have a flooded field, they should be getting covered up once the big push hits us.
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:36 pm

Things are dry ALL over...goin deer huntin...WHERES THE RAIN :help: :help: :help:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby Cephous » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:15 am

Well I can tell you this...if they are pumping water they WILL be covered up. My spot was dry when I checked it Thursday.
Cephous
State Moderator

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting