Duck Hunting Forum banner

1999 Chevy silverado 1500

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  hillbillyboy 
#1 ·
so guys, there is this kid trying to sell me a 1999 Chevy Silverado 1500 extended cab short bed truck with 169,xxx miles on it.

he wants 6500, what would you guys pay for it?

#3 ·
hillbillyboy said:
is it 4x4? my truck is a 98 2wd ext cab with 157 and it blue books around 4
yes...4x4. with a v8. not sure on the size. its got teh z71 package, LS, Power window, power seats, he put a new radio in it.

i dont know much about trucks and stuff. just wandering like what is a fair price, what is a steal, and what is a horrible price.

#5 ·
ajmorell said:
Blue book varies by area. Check to see what the price is in 'fair' condition for your area with the options you know it has and go from there. Usually blue book is where I start.
well he looked on KBB, and i looked on KBB. and we got 2 different prices. i dont want to get raped by a over priced truck and i ont want to rape him by not givin' enough.

o well we will figure something out. haha thanks guys

#6 ·
Which body style is it? That was the change over year and there were both models offered. I bought one in 04 in Michigan for 10,500.00 with 90,000 miles on it. It was in great condition. I now have 230,000 miles on it. Everything is still original on it except for a couple door handles, fuel pump, and a power window asembly, and normal suspension maintenance. Ask a few questions about what was replaced though like, tail gate cables, power window asembly, door handles(exterior), and fuel pump. I bought mine with a fuel gauge that was on the fritz and ended up replacing the pump a year later. I have 2 other friends with the same truck and they have replaced the same exact things. One of them is still driving his with 300,000 miles plus. It has been the best used vehicle purchase I ever made. These 2 trucks have the smaller v8 in them.

#7 ·
another thing to ask him is if the intake gasket has been replaced yet. From what i understand this is a very common problem with chevy v8's around this model year, happened to mine. the problem is, an inexperienced mechanic, (like the idiot who looked at mine) will tell you it was the head gasket and that you need a new engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.