Toyota Tundra

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Toyota Tundra

Postby b-144 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:51 am

What is everybodys outlook on the Toyoto tundra and tacoma, and how to they ride and how goods the 4x4.
Gun Control- Using both hands.
b-144
hunter

Re: Toyota Tundra

Postby Tealer » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:06 pm

I like the Tacoma's new and old you have to work pretty hard to destroy one. My Dad has a Tundra and loves it, they are good trucks I just hate the way they look. Btw they wheel great, I lifted them and SAS'ed them tons of fun in a small package.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby hovey » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:06 pm

My dad has a 08 tundra and he loves it. The only complaint that he has is that the A/C motor is not very strong, and the center console is way to big. He doesnt get the best fuel mileage and the fuel tank is pretty small. But we have put 78k miles on it in under 2 years and it is a runner.
hovey
hunter

Postby ajmorell » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:20 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWjTbiYo3x0

It's funny because believe it or not the Fords, Chevys & Dodges all do the same thing, just at a much higher frequency, higher than the road course was able to excite at the speed they drove across it.
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby DBern7 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:41 am

Just traded my 06 tacoma for a 10 Tundra about 4 months ago. The tacoma was nice but so far i'm lovin the tundra. My dads gotta f150 and after driving my truck we both decided the tundra is way better. If you're gonna get one go with the 5.7 though, i drove that and the 4.6. Trust me, you wont be dissapointed with the 5.7 for a little more money. I dunno if they still have the 0% financing but that was nice from toyota also.
DBern7
Newb

Postby California Sprig » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:46 am

I have a 2002 Tundra 4x4 that I bought new in 2002 and I recently bought a new 2009 Tacoma 4x4 double cab with long bed. My Tundra is my hunting and fishing vehicle. I have taken my Tundra over every kind of off road terraine imaginable without problems. The Tundra has always been a dependable truck. The only problem I have had with it was the oxygen sensors which I replaced.
I havent taken my new Tacoma off road yet but am sure it will perform well as it is the TRD off road edition. I have pulled my boat with the new Tacoma (my boat weighs around 3,500 to 4,000lbs) and the Tacoma pulls it like there is nothing behind me.
Over the years I have had 4 Toyota trucks and one 4runner all 4x4's and all were dependable vehicles with almost zero problems.
California Sprig
Hunting, fishing, Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whisky - Life is sweet
California Sprig
hunter

Postby hankyorke » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:16 am

I have an 06 Tundra and love it. My wife drives a 05 4Runner and she picked it over the Acura and Mercedes, its been a great vehicle as well.
hankyorke
hunter

Postby Capt Billy Bob » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:14 am

I purchase new a '07 Tundra 4.7L DC and it the best truck I have had in over 35 years of owning trucks.....it's now 3.5 years old and has never been back to the dealer except for a tire sensor calibration that FIRESTONE broke.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bob
Gone Fishing....Be Back for Deer Season...
Capt Billy Bob
hunter

Postby jgrunloh » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:06 pm

Have an 06 double cab tundra and think love the truck. It can't go through mud like my 2000 tacoma but it rides very well. The truck is a little underpowered if your going to haul much. The wind noise and rattles are minimal. Have had a couple O2 sensors go out on the tacoma and tundra. Good trucks, will keep the 06 for another 8-10 years hopefully.
jgrunloh
hunter

Postby 37lbgoose » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:01 pm

i've got an '02 extended cab tacoma. 4X4 TRD SR5. I've had that biatch burried up to the drive shaft in soup. push the rear diff lock button, dropped her in 4 low, and walked right out. 135,000 and going, and the only thing she needs right now is tires. i have tried to break that truck. accidently hit a rut head on at 30 mph. same thing, 4 low, lock the rear diff, and backed right out. the bed did ding the cab a little, but after i had it inspected, no frame issues at all. my wife wants me to trade it in for a tundra. f that. i'm saving the tacoma for my first born and just buying a tundra.
Arkansas River Valley Outdoors Prostaff
37lbgoose
hunter

Postby JoeSimons » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:21 am

I like the Tacoma's new and old you have to work pretty hard to destroy one.
JoeSimons
Newb

Postby California Sprig » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:03 am

Toyota trucks are the most dependable on the road. I have had 4 in a row both Tundras and Tacomas - had 1 major problem with a Tundra in which the transmission had to be replaced- my extended warrenty had just expired but Toyota Corp paid for it (because I am such a good customer, I have bought 6 new Toyotas from the same dealer, 4 of them being trucks). Currently have a 2009 Tacoma double cab 4x4, have taken it into some unbelievable places, it always gets me there and back. I am not saying anything negitive about other trucks but for dependability you just cant beat a Toyota. Since my post last year I sold myTundra for $9500 earlier this year to a friend which is darn good price for a 9 year old truck and my friend has put another 20000 plus miles on it trouble free. (he was aware that the trans was replaced)
California Sprig
hunter

Return to Vehicle forum