Meat Poll

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

At what level of cooked is best for duck and/or goose?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:58 pm

Rare
No votes
Mid Rare
17%
Medium
33%
Mid Well
17%
Well Done
33%

Total votes : 6

Meat Poll

Postby decoydog » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:58 pm

Please give your opinion.
It's hard to pull 1 inch through 6 inches of material while doing "the dance", and looking skyward.
decoydog
hunter

Meat poll

Postby decoydog » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:49 am

17 people have looked at this poll, and nobody has pulled the trigger on it. This poll is not sitting here because I thought it would be cool, and I had nothing else to do..... it is there because I have a genuin intrest on how other hunters prepare their birds. So buck up and don't be so shy. Ok, pretty please with sugar on top.
It's hard to pull 1 inch through 6 inches of material while doing "the dance", and looking skyward.
decoydog
hunter

Postby AK Ducks » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:53 pm

don't worry decoydog AK is here to help you. I like my ducks cooked well done thats partly because thats hpw my dad likes em. also here in alsaka the ducks don't always have that good duck taste and will taste fishy (even the mallards) so we like to cook them good
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

Postby Fowlercon » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:46 am

1 for meduim. Decoydog I read your intro in the Honey Hole, welcome. Here is what I do........................Take 4 breast o' duck and salt and pepper both sides with a splash a garlic. Marinade them for a couple hours in equal parts soy sause and worsteshire.......enough to cover em'. Toss em' on the grill, direct heat, on low to medium, for around four minutes a side............this usually produces a nice medium to medium rare. Slice the breasts, the short way, into a little kids pinky size. Put 'em on a platter with a pile of Grey Poupon and dip till your hearts content. A wonderful appetizer that makes an instand duck eater out of someone that always says that ducks are too greasy.
"It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling
into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking