Duck Hunting Forum banner

alabama duck hunters success for the opener

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  AU Mallard 
#1 ·
so how'd you guys do this morning? i hunted browns creek in the northern part of the state and baged a pair of greenwings. would have posted up a couple of pics but i already put them in the freezer for mounting.

#4 ·
ya frazier is right. the 3rd day of duck seaosn hasnt come yet. it opened the 25th-26th, then opens back up dec 3rd.

ya, you shot that illegaly. a responsible hunter always checks season dates and bag limits. but it is obvious you are new to the hunt, so this can be a learning experiance for you.

#7 ·
No doubt. We could have shot a pile of them Friday morning for sure. Passed on numerous flocks while we had big ducks working.
I love to hunt teal. The early teal season is always a kick for me. Lucky to have a couple of locations that have been consistent over the years.
On an afternoon hunt nearly Weiner Ark, we decided to shoot nothing but drake greenwings.
had 23 of them in the blind when one of the other guides stands up and blast a drake pintail, swearing the whole time that he saw a band.
Of course it didn't, but we still have fun ragging him about it.
I wish they ate milfoil like gadwalls. I would hunt the lakes more often.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.