Baked Phesant

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Baked Phesant

Postby decoydog » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:16 am

-Two phesants (legs and breasts)
-mushrooms (sliced)
-1 pint of sweet cream
-1 can of cream of chicken soup(mixed well with 1/2 can of water)
-white wine
-flour
-salt
-pepper

Dredge phesant parts in (flour,salt,pepper) mixture and panfry in oil till browned. Next, place meat in baking dish and cover with sweet cream, sliced mushrooms and cream of chicken soup. Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours (checking the bird every now and again to baste in sauce mixture). With 30 minutes left in baking time, add about 1 to 2 cups of white wine. The white wine will add flavor and will act as a tenderizer to the meat. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes then serve. Here is what I do: I serve this dish with wild rice, putting a little of the sauce on the top of the phesant. HEY, ENJOY IT, I KNOW I DO!
It's hard to pull 1 inch through 6 inches of material while doing "the dance", and looking skyward.
decoydog
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:41 am

mmmm!
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby decoydog » Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:37 am

When using this recipe, blend the sweet cream and the cream of chicken soup together into a smooth mixture before pouring it over the phesant for baking. It will eliminate the sweet cream seperation from happening.
It's hard to pull 1 inch through 6 inches of material while doing "the dance", and looking skyward.
decoydog
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking