Ruger LCP?

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Ruger LCP?

Postby Hookedonducks » Fri May 14, 2010 2:55 pm

Does anyone have any experience with the Ruger LCP? Looks like a nice small package for a concealed carry weapon. I can't find one in any local shops to look at. The price seems pretty cheap and I was wondering about the qaulity? Thanks for any help.
Hookedonducks
hunter

Re: Ruger LCP?

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat May 15, 2010 8:27 pm

Better than a Kel-tec. I hate .380 but it's a good gun. I'd go with a S&W 642 over a gun in 380 though. Just my .02. Haven't seen any problems out of them yet. Only seen one come back used, which is usually a good sign, especially with the number of them that have been sold.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby daffy... » Sun May 16, 2010 8:16 am

i have a lot of friends that carry them, great for hot summer days, fishing and outdoor events. only down fall ive found so fare is that like glock they only come in blue, your sweat does a number to a blued pistol. oh, and being a .380, when you pull the trigger. dont stop.

also strap a clidraw (clipdraw.com) on it and you can hide that pistol anywhere... i clip it to everything and plan to have one for all of my pistols. last week i clipped my pistol to my shoulder strap of my back pack while hiking into remote trout ponds in bear country
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun May 16, 2010 12:17 pm

daffy... wrote:i have a lot of friends that carry them, great for hot summer days, fishing and outdoor events. only down fall ive found so fare is that like glock they only come in blue, your sweat does a number to a blued pistol. oh, and being a .380, when you pull the trigger. dont stop.

also strap a clidraw (clipdraw.com) on it and you can hide that pistol anywhere... i clip it to everything and plan to have one for all of my pistols. last week i clipped my pistol to my shoulder strap of my back pack while hiking into remote trout ponds in bear country

They do make them with a chrome (more like a matte stainless steel) slide. We've had quite a few come into work. I'll stick to blue for all my guns though and keep them wiped down. All the bluing on slides is more of a coating. Most of the guns are all stainless under there.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Sagebrush » Mon May 31, 2010 10:13 pm

Use solids for penetration or Speer Gold Dot or Cor-Bon bullets if you can find them.

It is a minimum weapon but the new improved bullets make it a 2-3 shot weapon to stop bad guys, or a full clip
on anyone, near300 pounds.

Great gun for concealment in a pocket or holster, but I would suggest lots of practice at 15 yards or closer
to get er done and up your odds, if you ever have to use it, since most have low grade fixed sights.
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby Hookedonducks » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:33 pm

Thanks for the input but I think I have decided to go with a 9mm instead. Found a few that arent that much larger in size and I like the idea a little better than the 380.
Hookedonducks
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:58 pm

For the .380 or 9mm get those new Critical Defense rounds by Hornady. They plug the hole in the hollow point so they don't clog with clothing like the 9mm calibers are legendary for. That round almost has me buying a 9mm as much as I hate them. Doubt I'll still get one, but there's a chance if I stumble upon a great deal at work.

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum