hunting labs

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

hunting labs

Postby REM110 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:15 pm

Just had to put down my old lab and am Trying to find a Good breeder. Looking for a dog that is coming from good strong hunting stock. The breeder that I had picked up 2 dogs from is no longer in the game. If any one had any good ideas would love to here from you about names and numbers.

Stephen Andrews Ontario. Ca.
REM110
hunter

Postby phillipstd » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:20 am

I know a guy in portland OR. you could get one out of that cowlitz river maggie, she is an awsome lab, she even looks like she's supposed to look. his name is butch, I can find his number for ya if you want. If you realy want a lab though I would reasearch hard before you bought one and get a perfect one, or try to anyway. working retreiver central used to have a add board but I don't think they do any more.
phillipstd
hunter

Postby gunner » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:45 am

Are you looking for papered dog or just a lab from hunting stock?
gunner
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:51 am

Chances are that if he is looking for a dog that far away and willing to go the miles for that dog that he wants a papered dog.

The thing about getting a dog from a reputable breeder is the odds are on your side. You know the health of the dog, and the chances of it being a good hunter. I am not saying you need to get an AKC champion pup, but if you buy from a reputable breeder the dog will be papered.
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby gunner » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:00 pm

hey 98 were does it say he is looking that far away?
gunner
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:30 am

Gunner, I was referring to Phillipstd's post.

Mike
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Hunting labs

Postby REM110 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:28 pm

Stephen Andrews from Ontario Canada ( south western part of Ontario). My last two dogs both had there papers ,but the breader that I had pick the dogs up from ran a hunting reserve, and was a hard core hunter. (His wife left and the dogs stayed). I dont care about traveling to pick up a great dog ,unsure of the paper work needed to bring a dog into Canada???But Im sure I could find out in a hurry. Im looking for a breeder that hunts his dogs.And cares about the dog bringing back the birds more than if it did the job in a straight line.

Any help would be great
Stephen from Ontario.
REM110
hunter

Postby gunner » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:16 am

Hey Rem110 I asked you about papers to find out what type of dog you are looking for. Check out kapriver retrievers. they run guiding survice out of kapiskassing ont and pro train dogs. I think they had an article on them in ontario out of doors last year. the e-mail is tmartin@onlink.net
Im going to see these guys for my next pup.Hay its nice to keep your money in Canada anyways.

Gunner
gunner
hunter

Postby gunner » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:18 am

Hey Rem110 I asked you about papers to find out what type of dog you are looking for. Check out kapriver retrievers. they run guiding survice out of kapiskassing ont and pro train dogs. I think they had an article on them in ontario out of doors last year. the e-mail is tmartin@onlink.net
Im going to see these guys for my next pup.Hay its nice to keep your money in Canada anyways.

Gunner
gunner
hunter

Postby trdobson » Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:17 pm

Maybe try a retriever club I am not saying to join but they normally know of lots of good breeders. If Luther Marsh is out your way they have Hunting Retriever Club. Also Kapriver retrievers produces some very nice dogs, as well does Beaches out by Coldwater. Don't know of a lot of lab breeders off hand I have chessies.
happy hunting T R D
trdobson
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting