Thanksgiving

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Thanksgiving

Postby KpHonknImRloadn » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:26 pm

How did you guys do on thanksgiving? we shot six, not too bad considering how windy it was. every time we got back in the pit some decoys would fall over.
KpHonknImRloadn
hunter

Postby wspiller » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:33 pm

2 man limit
wspiller
hunter

Postby fish » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:42 pm

killed 24 ducks, killed out by 8am.
camped out to get the spot early wed afternoon and it was well worth it.
fish
hunter

Postby thebiggrfigr » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:39 am

just want to let you know that fish hunts the scatters he told me so in a pm! He was pissed to the fact that i gave directions there. Like i told him you might know how to get there but you have to know your way around....good luck all! and :welcome: to the scatters if u like!
thebiggrfigr
hunter

Postby fish » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:42 am

well if you know much about the scatters at all then you know you can't camp out there so obvously i didn't hunt at the scatters on thanksgiving and i didn't kill out there. i didn't go down there opening weekend because i really didn't feel like hunting with 30 groups of people like you. also and update on the scatters, ICE...
fish
hunter

Postby thebiggrfigr » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:51 pm

fish chill out. I never said you camped out there or that you hunted there opening day. I just relayed the fact that you do hunt there and that you got on me for telling someone where it was at. Seems to me you have a little chip on your shoulder bud. It's public hunting and all is welcome. Oh and by the way you don't think i know that it is all iced up. I do my homework bud! :mrgreen:
thebiggrfigr
hunter

Postby fish » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:24 am

MAN YOU DON'T GET IT DO YOU.....i don't have a chip on my sholder, good duck hunters just don't tell everybody where their hunting spots are. thats my whole point. i understand it is public hunting, thats fine if people find it on their own, but you don't have to get exact directions to the place to make it easy for every duck hunter in southern illinois to find it. that is my whole point man. i just don't understand what you are thinking.
fish
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:22 am

I'm gonna have to agree that there is nothing wrong with giving directions to a public spot. The point of this forum is to share information and help each other out, so if someone asks how to get to a particular public spot why not tell em? If you've done your homework then you have nothing to worry about. You'll still have a better spot then the new guy.
Chris
Vegetarian- Indian word for lousy hunter.
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby thebiggrfigr » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:33 pm

fish your an idiot. i didnt give exact directions no1! no 2 what are you so worried about if your this great hunter. dude you need to chill out. ive been doing this for 20 years+ so if giving a guy an idea where i hunt makes me not a good duck hunter, well then i guess i suck. i like to see people enjoy the outdoors and maybe kill some ducks. its guys like you that make public hunting a sham. you are probably one of those guys that shoot in the air when a guy down the way has birds working. i was hunting in the scatters when you where in diapers there are not that many hunters that use the scatters like there use to. hell id like to see more in there to keep the ducks up and movin. lighten up man and just enjoy this beautiful time of year. it is the christmas season man show some love! :salude:
thebiggrfigr
hunter

Postby fish » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:45 pm

do you hunt every weekend down there early in they year. because i think i know who you are....and if i am right you know who i am too....
fish
hunter

Postby crazy larry » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:34 pm

this is my first time to post, i usually just read what everybody has to say. i have to agree with fish, i have been hunting down there for about 40 years. i know people who used to own part of the scatters before the state bought it from them. you can't keep people from hunting there, but you can do your best to keep people from knowing about it and knowing how good or bad you do there. i have put in a lot of work over the years doing a lot of scouting of that place and have had many of great hunts there and the scatters is at its best when there is not many people are there. the more people there the less shooting you here because the birds don't like all the pressure. you will get a few stupid birds, but you won't kill much.
CRAZY LARRY
crazy larry
Newb

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting