Smoked Duck Poppers

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Smoked Duck Poppers

Postby decoydog » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:16 am

-Jelopenos Halved and seeded
-Duck meat smoked and pureed into fine powder
-Cream cheese
-Thin sliced bacon

blend smoked duck and cream cheese. I make sure that there is more duck than cheam cheese, just enough cheese to make the duck stick like a paste. Fill pepper halves with duck and cheese blend and wrap with bacon and hold with a toothpick. Into the smoker it goes till bacon is stiff. If you don't have a smoker Put all of your heat source to one side of your grill and the poppers to the other side. Add presoaked wood chips such as alderwood or any fruit baring wood on top of your coals or in a pan on top of your propane source. I made 12 dozon of these for a party one time and there was none left at the end. A few of the people made mention to me that they won't eat duck and don't like the taste. I never told them it was duck. They were the ones that never left the table with the poppers on them.
It's hard to pull 1 inch through 6 inches of material while doing "the dance", and looking skyward.
decoydog
hunter

Postby Citori12 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:56 am

By the way I have tried this recipie and they are AWESOME!!!! :salude: :thumbsup:
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking