Three Wheeler

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Three Wheeler

Postby trapper20 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:50 pm

i have a 1983 honda atc 110 and it has a hose coming off of the carb it seems to be a fuel overflow safty but if i
turn the gas on it just lets the gas out there and not in the cylinder
mallard: 2

Greenwing: 4
trapper20
hunter

Re: Three Wheeler

Postby HENDU3270 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:59 pm

and I'm assuming you can't get it started? Sounds like the fuel hose simply came off and you need to reconnect.
Fishing was invented to pass the time between Duck Seasons....either duck hunt or get outa my boat!!
HENDU3270
Forum & State Moderator

Postby joshco84 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:29 pm

that would be my guess as well. Get a picture of it, i know a lot about three wheelers and will be able to help you easily.
Who knew strippers had feelings?

Botiz630 wrote:Careful, then you'll have to get something to get rid of the geckos. And then something to get rid of what got rid of the geckos. Before you known it your camp will be full of great white sharks fighting velociraptors.
joshco84
Leg Humper

Postby trapper20 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:06 pm

its not the hose i know that ive checked evry line even with the gas turned off it still leaks out of a overflow like tube
i cant get any pics
mallard: 2

Greenwing: 4
trapper20
hunter

Postby joshco84 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:10 am

if its out the overflow tube it is the needle sticking open/not sealing all the way. Get a carb kit, they are generally under 15 bucks for three wheelers and come with everything you need.

Botiz630 wrote:Careful, then you'll have to get something to get rid of the geckos. And then something to get rid of what got rid of the geckos. Before you known it your camp will be full of great white sharks fighting velociraptors.
joshco84
Leg Humper

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:35 am

The needle or seat is probably bad or the float is simply stuck down. Pull the float bowl off Carefully and spray it out with carb cleaner and check the float operation. You can pull the pin and remove the float and needle and spray into the hole to wash that out too. Turn on the gas and hold the float up, If gas flows with the float up then you need a carb kit as mentioned to rebuild the carb. If the gas only flows with the float lowered than the seat and needle are probably fine. I also had a 110 and it would sometimes loose fuel out of the overflow
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby joshco84 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:23 pm

i had this same problem in my 200x three wheeler and that was what led me to the same conclusion

joshco84
Leg Humper

Return to Vehicle forum