West Point WMA

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

West Point WMA

Postby GAduck&goose » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:18 pm

What are your guys thoughts on West Point for geese and ducks? Any good spots that I can take my father in law to? :help:
GAduck&goose
hunter

Postby GADKHNTR » Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:21 pm

Hmm..don't beleive I've heard of it. Where's it located?
GADKHNTR
hunter

Postby Hawk » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:34 am

GADKHNTR wrote:Hmm..don't beleive I've heard of it. Where's it located?

Nope can't say I have heard of this place either. I have a couple of friends heading that way next weekend to fish in a bass tournament. I'll see if they can find out anything?
My ? is to you gadkhntr what is it on Lake Eufaula that has something to do with ducks? are they ducks refuges, private place? public area or what?
It's on the GA side close to Lakepoint/ Witches ditch / Rood Creek some where around there. My brother was stationed @ Benning and was saying somethings about it. He's overseas right now.
And What part of Seminole do you hunt? main lake or Flint, Spring creek,
or the hooch ? Hawk
Butt- Belly- Beak- Boom
Hawk
hunter

Postby GADKHNTR » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:08 pm

I'm not sure I understand your question about Eufala?
I've personally never hunted on it but I go there often in the off-season as my girl has a place there. I hear it's good for geese. She has a neighbor that goes and has offered to take me next time I'm down, so I'll give you a report as soon as that happens.
As for Seminole most of our hunting is down out on the main lake, sometimes venturing towards the creek side around Sealy's.
Where do you hunt in GA?
"I missed 'cause everytime I shot I slid further down that log I was sittin' on."
GADKHNTR
hunter

Postby Hawk » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:10 am

I didn't think my statement or definition of the place was all that understandable either. So I'll try again. I fished this lake a couple of times with BASS Federation, Red-Man. Anyways on the Ga side of the lake is a place accorroding to the map is some kind of duck refuge, farmers either grow corn, wild rice, etc. they irrigate out of the lake in this area and when they release the water back into the lake from these fields, dykes or water canals the fishing in this area explodes. This past spring I wanted to learn more about it but my time was limited when I was there. The place I'm talking about is between Florence and Georgetown. check it out. Word was that it's a private hunting club, I don't know. Its not accessible from the lake with a boat.

Myself I try to hunt the north lakes and a few local areas here. I wanting to learn more about the coastal area, for I here its pretty awesome hunting for sea ducks. I'm just learning more about duck hunting from the state. River hunting for woodies is fun as long as there is water. ALtamaha River, Ohoopee {spelling} and local ponds is pretty much on ducks around here.
Butt- Belly- Beak- Boom
Hawk
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting