Fall turkey hunting strategy

A wild turkey hunting forum for hunting turkeys in the spring and fall seasons.

Moderators: stumpjumper, MossyGO!

Fall turkey hunting strategy

Postby Super Dave 32 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:27 pm

Any advise on fall turkey tactics? I've heard that busting up the flock and calling to assemble them works pretty well. I've also heard that it's all about scouting, scouting, scouting and getting between where they are and where they usually go (ambush). Any suggestions / pointers for fall turkey? I've never been in the fall and figure it should be pretty fun. Thanks!
The good old days are now!
Super Dave 32
hunter

Re: Fall turkey hunting strategy

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:52 pm

I've called in a few, but my preferred methods are spot and stalk. I've killed a pile of them by watching them and setting up where they were the 2 days before. Fall turkeys are easy to pattern and their routine you can almost set your watch by.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Re: Fall turkey hunting strategy

Postby Super Dave 32 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:46 am

KS waterfowler - thanks for the advise. I've noticed that they seem to be pretty consistent even since spring. There is a group of 12 turkey (10 toms / jakes and only 2 hens) that I see on my way home from work every day. When it's hot, they are always under the same group of trees. When it is raining, they feed in one of two fields in the afternoon. Too bad I don't have permission to hunt them!
The good old days are now!
Super Dave 32
hunter

Return to Turkey Hunting Forum