Duck Omletts

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Duck Omletts

Postby h2ofwlr » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:06 pm

Real easy to make.

Cube up 2 Mallard breasts or 4 smaller teal breasts. Throw them into a fry pan with olive oil to brown them good (no red color inside). Basically you are cooking then before you add it to the omlett.

While they are browning throw 3 eggs into the blender and mix em up good, hint - add a teaspoon of water to the eggs-it makes them fluffier. Pour he eggs into the skillet pan, wait about 2 minutes (the eggs should 1/2 cooked and then add the browned breats into the pan on 1/2 of the pan. Add cheese and what ever veggies you like and cover for a minute. flip the 1/2 over on top of the other and then serve it on your plate. Hash browns are a real good side dish too. Also you can add the veggies to the meat 1 minute before you add it to the eggs to heat them up good.

And I like to soak the breasts in marinade sauce to the breasts the night before, it adds a nice flavor to them, especailly geese.

I tell you 1 thing--it is sure fire way to eat 1 or 2 ducks per day per person to keep you with in the law of your possession limit. I have at least 2 duck omletts a week during the season-if not more depending on how often I go hunting and success of bagging them. Heck the duck omletts is the preferred way for me to cook them--real easy to do.

Oh and goose breasts work too :thumbsup:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Thanks

Postby ks_waterfowler » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:22 pm

Thanks H20. I am gonna try that one out when I get home. With the leftover ducks in the package I will make duck kabobs for dinner. Great Recipe.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking