Whats the craic with Ducks?

Mexico, Europe, South America, New Zealand, etc. Countries other than the US and CA.

Moderator: AAR

Whats the craic with Ducks?

Postby missmary49 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:22 am

Hows the Duck Hunting in Ireland? Mallards, Wigeon, Teal I assume? What other ducks are out there to hit? And what are the seasons? :wink:
Why is a Candybar tainted with Goose Blood from your hands that much more Enjoyable to eat?
missmary49
Huntress

Re: Whats the craic with Ducks?

Postby montana quackhead » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:21 pm

They also have southern pochards, tufted ducks, and scaup. And in some spots there are alot of them! Heading there next week. Hope to shoot a couple!
Give me some quack and I'll never work again
montana quackhead
hunter

Re: Whats the craic with Ducks?

Postby HonkQuackBang » Wed May 16, 2012 5:36 pm

When i seen whats the craic i thought there has to be some irish in here! You yanks use the word craic too? Oh and hell! Your mighty good lookin girl!

Ah yeah the duck/goose season is from 1stSept to 31stJan.It can be called short due to harsh weather but hell with the weather i say "the harder the conditions the better!"

Anyway we get lots of scaup,pochard,ruddy,tufted duck,mallard,pintail,shoveler,goldeneye,teal and wigeon!Canada goose,pink foots,Greenland Whitefronts brent,barnacle and greylag too!

On the duck numbers on the lakes/loughs near me i can say for sure that there are between 15 loughs and atleast 500 divers on 10 of them! Mallard make the bigger numbers then the teal we only get green wing teal about 50,000 of them on lough Erne! Love shootin the teal!

Once November comes in the cold weather starts to hit in Europe/Finland,Russia,Denmark,Sweden and Norway then the wigeon come in their thousands!!! Love shootin' the wigeon!

Canada geese are everywhere over here!We get banded geese too but not from America they are from Europe also teal banded in the said countries above.Pinkfeet,greylag and the others are in decline but there are a few conspicous spots you might bag a few of them!

Lough Erne and Lough Neagh are great spots but too many organisations are about nowadays lookin for your money to shoot these places!
HonkQuackBang
hunter

Return to International Duck Hunting