College Football 2010 Predictions

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Re: College Football 2010 Predictions

Postby bayouboy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:52 am

quackerattacker wrote:Now that's a plan, and somewhat similar to mine...I hope. The teal are here but our fields aren't cut, so we'll be on the reservoir. It'll probably work.

The Hogs beat Tennessee Tech 44-3. Mallett played three quarters and went 21 for 24 with three TD's, 301 yards and an int. This week it's Louisiana-Monroe.

I think this could be South Carolina's year, if Spurrier can finally convince 'em they can win. They just need a change in mindset. I know I wish we were playin' 'em at home this year.

damn, that's good.

auburn at miss state tonight but i'm going to be watching the saints. i'm real curious about that game.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

“I have no reason to fear the hat. I put it on my head everyday.” Coach Les Miles
bayouboy
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:15 am

bayouboy wrote:...i'm real curious about that game.

Me too. What do ya figure the odds are Favre will even finish the game? I'm afraid Vike's fans are in for a little disappointment this year. Maybe the Saints will ease up on 'im a little. :hammer:
uhmmmm...ya sure that's a duck...i dunt see no green head
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:18 am

quackerattacker wrote:
bayouboy wrote:...i'm real curious about that game.

Me too. What do ya figure the odds are Favre will even finish the game? I'm afraid Vike's fans are in for a little disappointment this year. Maybe the Saints will ease up on 'im a little. :hammer:

i am curious about the saints vikes, more excited really. i think the saints will win.

i'm real interested in miss state and auburn.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

“I have no reason to fear the hat. I put it on my head everyday.” Coach Les Miles
bayouboy
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:19 am

bayouboy wrote:i am curious about the saints vikes, more excited really. i think the saints will win.

I figure the Saints will make it look easy.

bayouboy wrote:...i'm real interested in miss state and auburn.

Me too. I haven't figured out all the hoopla over Auburn yet. Somebody knows somethin' I don't. Playin' @ Mississippi State and a two point favorite...no way in heck I'd take those odds and Auburn.
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:08 am

Wow, ESPN's 'lil darlin'...Auburn...beat Mississippi State 17-14. I'll bet they move 'em all the way to #4 behind Boise next week!
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby hogfan88 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:23 am

quackerattacker wrote:Wow, ESPN's 'lil darlin'...Auburn...beat Mississippi State 17-14. I'll bet they move 'em all the way to #4 behind Boise next week!

HAHAHAHA!!!!! I cant believe lou picked them to win the west! There is no way. There pass defense is no good. Mississippi state would have won last night if they had a better qb, in my opinion. Granted the dropped balls didnt help that much either. I am an arkansas fan and i am predicting for us a 2 loss year and 2nd in the west behind alabama. Thats at our best in my opinion. Just as long as we win our last game of the year!
hogfan88
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:37 am

hogfan88 wrote: I am an arkansas fan and i am predicting for us a 2 loss year and 2nd in the west behind alabama. Thats at our best in my opinion. Just as long as we win our last game of the year!

I figure anything less than 9-3 will start the fans grumblin' again. Believe 8-4 is a lot more realistic unless our defense is way more improved than I fear. Offense is great, but defense wins the SEC and just ain't sure what we got yet. Georgia should be a good gauge in a couple games.
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:29 am

how do you arkansas fans feel about patrino? i think he's pretty much scum for what he did.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

bayouboy
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:14 pm

bayouboy wrote:how do you arkansas fans feel about patrino? i think he's pretty much scum for what he did.

The vast majority could be likened to LSU fans and Saban. They've ignored his history and firmly believe he's the second-comin'. I'm with you. I love Arkansas and have to accept the coach no matter. I just haven't forgotten his history.

Speakin' of Saban, do LSU fans believe if he doesn't win another national championship at Alabama in the next three years with "his own players" he's a failure? Or does Saban get a bye regardless? Just curious...
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:36 pm

quackerattacker wrote:
bayouboy wrote:how do you arkansas fans feel about patrino? i think he's pretty much scum for what he did.

The vast majority could be likened to LSU fans and Saban. They've ignored his history and firmly believe he's the second-comin'. I'm with you. I love Arkansas and have to accept the coach no matter. I just haven't forgotten his history.

Speakin' of Saban, do LSU fans believe if he doesn't win another national championship at Alabama in the next three years with "his own players" he's a failure? Or does Saban get a bye regardless? Just curious...

Most lsu fans still think he's the best ever and if they could, would take him back. I think those are pretty much sabans players and no one ever brought that up (I listen to a lot of sports radio). Part of me understands what he did and can't knock him. I still never want them to win another game and despise Alabama collectively. They are my new USC. There goon be around for a while though I'm afraid.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

bayouboy
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:28 am

bayouboy wrote:...Part of me understands what he did and can't knock him. I still never want them to win another game and despise Alabama collectively. They are my new USC. There goon be around for a while though I'm afraid.

I understand him too. He's like Petrino and and only lookin' out for #1...not exactly the most admirable trait to possess. Throw in a triple dose of liar and it's just tough. I saw where Saban finally admitted to it this summer without an outright apology, but just a little late for my taste. Character should count for somethin'. I still pull for 'bama when they play outta conference.

I think Spurrier may have finally convinced South Carolina. They looked good in their win over Georgia.

I know it was Vandy, but your Tigers looked much better. They haven't exactly had the pleasure of playin' a patsy yet...

Arkansas' offense stunk up the place with 4 fumbles in the first half, but Mallett went 16 of 20 in the second half and wound up 28 of 43 for 400 yards and 3 TD's in the 31-7 win over La Monroe. The defense seems to be holdin' (crossed fingers). We'll find out next week against Georgia.

How about Virginia Tech's loss to James Madison? I know Boise fans are cryin' the blues this mornin'...
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm

quackerattacker wrote:
bayouboy wrote:...Part of me understands what he did and can't knock him. I still never want them to win another game and despise Alabama collectively. They are my new USC. There goon be around for a while though I'm afraid.

I understand him too. He's like Petrino and and only lookin' out for #1...not exactly the most admirable trait to possess. Throw in a triple dose of liar and it's just tough. I saw where Saban finally admitted to it this summer without an outright apology, but just a little late for my taste. Character should count for somethin'. I still pull for 'bama when they play outta conference.

I think Spurrier may have finally convinced South Carolina. They looked good in their win over Georgia.

I know it was Vandy, but your Tigers looked much better. They haven't exactly had the pleasure of playin' a patsy yet...

Arkansas' offense stunk up the place with 4 fumbles in the first half, but Mallett went 16 of 20 in the second half and wound up 28 of 43 for 400 yards and 3 TD's in the 31-7 win over La Monroe. The defense seems to be holdin' (crossed fingers). We'll find out next week against Georgia.

How about Virginia Tech's loss to James Madison? I know Boise fans are cryin' the blues this mornin'...

no kidding about VA Tech. i've liked va tech but right now i'm liking how that takes away from boise's win.

Jordan jefferson only had 8 completions. 8. we had 4 fumbles and luckily recovered them all. defense seems to be pretty good but the offense sucks. part of me hopes miss state hands us our ass saturday so they'll make some changes. i've been supporting les for his career here, but i'm sick and tired of the same crap. even when he won the championship in 2007, we lost to kentucky and y'all in a must win game at home. we were lucky to be in the championship. after that, all he's done is recruited real well.

we have no identity on offense. crowten should not be calling plays on any level. it's just retarded. he needs to simplify the plays, set up the pass through the run, run some boot leg where pretty much every QB peforms better outside of the pocket and can see the field. like bama's offense, that's about as simple as you get but it's effective as hell w/ a good D and running game and a couple big play potential guys. we probably have all those ingredients if not a few more.

it's frustrating to say the least.

and we're moving up in the poll. i hope the coaches and players don't buy into that, cus they're about to get their bell rung.

s. carolina looks good. that RB is SICK. that was fun to watch.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

bayouboy
hunter

Postby hogfan88 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:41 pm

I am going to be very hopeful about this weekend with our match up against GA. I read an interview with Ryan mallet and needless to say he was not pleased with the offenses performance this past week against ULM. Neither was coach petrino. I am a very optomistic person anyway but I hope we can pull out the win. Then play alabama tough. If we win GREAT i want to play them tough and hang with them.

Now as for LSU man bayouboy your tigers are showing a lot more than i thought. They definately will be a contender this year in the SEC. I work with a bunch of LSU fans and they were predicting a 6 win season but now there sayin 8 or 9. Whats your thoughts??
hogfan88
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:52 pm

hogfan88 wrote:Now as for LSU man bayouboy your tigers are showing a lot more than i thought. They definately will be a contender this year in the SEC. I work with a bunch of LSU fans and they were predicting a 6 win season but now there sayin 8 or 9. Whats your thoughts??

they've been showing me less. did you get to watch the game, cus that score was misleading. serious QB issues and play calling is worse than ever.

i'm saying 9-10 wins. won't suprise me though if it's more or less though. the talent is there big time.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

bayouboy
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:50 pm

If the Hogs don't beat Georgia, they're in trouble. It only gets harder after that. I'll add I don't think we've even had a sneak peek at the real offense yet.
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby andymac32 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:45 pm

So much for worrying about that tennessee oregon game. :biggrin:
andymac32
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:12 am

andymac32 wrote:So much for worrying about that tennessee oregon game. :biggrin:

Who was worried about that game? I was just curious about the margin. Oregon is good, or did you actually believe the Vols would take 'em?
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby andymac32 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:13 pm

Missunderstood your post! Haha, Im really pumped for oregon this year. I think with USC being down that they have a real legitimate shot at not jus the rosebowl. Although they have to play oregon state in corvallis and thats always a tough game no matter what and they also struggle with Cal to. As long as no one gets hurt :no: theyve got a real good chance this year to play in a bcs game and possibly a national championship
andymac32
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:55 pm

Ok, now I gotta recant. Auburn is good. Granted, the Gamecocks helped their cause with turnovers, but they're much better than I'd thought.

Arkansas...sheeeeesh. Looked good against 'Bama for a half. THEN: no running game, no halftime adjustments, our former Heisman candidate Mallett choked, and the universe righted itself when 'Bama reminded us that defense still wins the SEC. The defense is much improved, but our one-dimensional offense had better find a way to score some points, or this just may be a long season.
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:25 pm

i was pulling for y'all. those picks by mallet is what did it.

that auburn game was good.

LSU, jeesh, tough to watch. defense and special teams are sick but that offense is gonna give me aneurysm.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

bayouboy
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:26 am

bayouboy wrote:...those picks by mallet is what did it.

Yeah, but in his defence, with no running game whatsoever it makes it pretty easy to key on him. He unraveled after the first int., but credit Saban with makin' all the right adjustments at halftime.

bayouboy wrote:that auburn game was good.

That was a great game. Don't ya just love watchin' Spurrier on the sideline?

bayouboy wrote:LSU, jeesh, tough to watch. defense and special teams are sick but that offense is gonna give me aneurysm.

:lol3: ...they look awfully good to me, bayou'. I'll take an awesome defense over offense any day!
quackerattacker
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:49 am

the defense and special teams are possibly the best in the sec, but florida, bama, auburn, arkansas are gonna score points and beat us if we have the same special-ed person calling the plays on offense.

can't tell you how frustrating it is. it's not like we don't have the personel. thats the thing, we got so much talent.

it's beyond me at this point.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

bayouboy
hunter

Postby ArkansasRobertson » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:23 pm

I go to Arkansas and See mallett all the time. He thinks he is black. And he lost the entire state of AR to Bama#1 seat in the last half and we all hate him now.
ArkansasRobertson
hunter

Postby Sir Big Spur » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:01 pm

My boys played a good game this weekend, they could of had it in the bag if it wasnt for our extremely "talented" QB Mr. Garcia making some pretty ignorant decisions half way through the 4th resulting in a turnover, where he had multiple receivers wide open in first down zone, but regardless. I still love watching the boys run, ole ball coach is finally realizing that he doesn't have much of a passing team, so running the ball is really helping them out. I'm extremely impressed with Lattimore and the way he plays, and even with Giles leaving and all that hustle and bustle, I still think the cock's are in this one, and it just might be the season, maybe not BCS bowl material season, but still the season the cock's have been looking forward to for sometime now, where people can actually take us seriously.

Oh and by the way hogs, we will see you in Columbia :biggrin:
Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips.
Sir Big Spur
hunter

Postby quackerattacker » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:28 pm

Sir Big Spur wrote:...Oh and by the way hogs, we will see you in Columbia :biggrin:

Yes you will, and I hope we both still have just one loss!
quackerattacker
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Sports