Duck Hunting Forum banner

cold tomato soup

809 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  daffy... 
#1 ·
who's got a recipe? (something simple if possible). had it the other day for the 2nd time and i love that stuff. going to get the recipe from my friend's wife, but though i'd try y'all pros as well.

#5 ·
daffy... said:
what was it like? literally cold cambells?

or tomato concgasia (spelling?)
not like cambells. it's like salsa almost. i got the recipe from the one i've had. Gazpacho they call that.

#6 ·
bayouboy said:
daffy... said:

not like cambells. it's like salsa almost. i got the recipe from the one i've had. Gazpacho they call that.
That's it...sorry /Bayou..been busy and haven't made it over to mom's yet...I'll post it when I get it...

#7 ·
Indaswamp said:
bayouboy said:
daffy... said:

That's it...sorry /Bayou..been busy and haven't made it over to mom's yet...I'll post it when I get it...
no problem. i'm going to try this recipe, maybe for the LSU game, even though it's a good reason to have the first gumbo, no matter what the weather is like, so i don't know.

#8 ·
i like mine with little chunks of mozzeralla (spelling again. sorry, im a chef. not a english teacher) basil, and bermuda onion.

...im in love with anthony bourdains tomato salad.

-in a bowl rub split garlic cloves over the inside of the bowl. remove garlic and re-refridgerate.
-cut romas, and vine ripe tomatos into bite size chunks
-julian bermuda onion
-julian shallots
-chiffonade basil
-splash lime juice. vest
-coat tomato and mix with balsamic vinegar. stir. chill for 6 hours

great base for pan seared atlantic salmon, arctic char. i pull this one out in the summer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.