NEED help!

Deer, Elk, Moose, Bear, Hog

Moderators: stumpjumper, don taylor

NEED help!

Postby cut'em44 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:56 am

heres nthe deal about 2 weeks ago i accidently spooked 3 does up behind my property line(in north east text btw) and i decided to walk back around in theses woods and actually found it opening up and a place where you could see deer passed though and decided to throw some corn out and a camera came back a wwek later and it had 800 pictures of deer 8 shooter bucks, 2 bucks bein around 120 130 class 1 bein about 140! the only problem is, is that it is about 80 yards passed my property line and my question is how could i move them my direction,these deer have a pattern right now and can see they work that area very hard one advantage i think i have is that it is really dry out here right now which is why there are soo many deer on the corn any help would be great
cut'em44
hunter

Re: NEED help!

Postby Sandman3400 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:58 pm

If you move the corn to your side of the property line, they will follow.
Real men hunt with Chessies!
Sandman3400
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:42 pm

Drag Quietly :thumbsup:
devildog28
hunter

Postby hogstomper » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:52 pm

use a throw and go plot. scrape your ground get good seed to soil contact and let the does do the work for you. during rut the bucks will follow the does. so even if your bucks aren't hitin the plot they will come to the does.
You can't argue with stupid people.
hogstomper
hunter

Postby cut'em44 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:42 pm

hogstomper wrote:use a throw and go plot. scrape your ground get good seed to soil contact and let the does do the work for you. during rut the bucks will follow the does. so even if your bucks aren't hitin the plot they will come to the does.

only problem with that is where im at we havent had a drop of rain fall in about 3-4 weeks and would need a jack hammer to break up the ground and i think im gonna move the corn and see what happens, just hope the buck stay in there bachler groups till october 1st
cut'em44
hunter

Postby hogstomper » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:13 am

like i said, hunt the does the bucks will come to them. if your deer are aggressive you can call and rattle to coax them in.
You can't argue with stupid people.
hogstomper
hunter

Postby #1jumpshooter » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:04 pm

tripod feeders are nice if you got the extra cash because you dont have to go back and bait as often so it keeps your scent out of there which we all no is key for keeping big bucks around... goodluck to you
#1jumpshooter
hunter

Return to Big Game