WHere are the Ducks??

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

WHere are the Ducks??

Postby Tack in NJ » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:37 am

Is anybody else having a problem with not seeing ducks?? I have been going to my usual spot for a week now and haven't seen but maybe a dozen ducks. Are the numbers that far down this year or haven't they come down yet?
Tack in NJ
hunter

Postby Rowdy » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:10 pm

i think with the warm weather we had soo late into the year it delayed everything. there are birds around but it has proven a challange to get at them. sticking yourself to a spot dosent help much either gotta be adaptable. i havent heard any good reports yet this year. but there are new birds arriving daily and plenty of time left to get em. lol i havent fired a shot yet this year
Rowdy
hunter

Postby Tack in NJ » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:41 am

Well this last bit of cold weather has helped. Went out his morning and saw at least 50 ducks all Mallards. Now if I could just hit the dang things LOL
Tack in NJ
hunter

Postby Rowdy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:48 am

with these few fronts coming through we should be in for a mass duck suicide..

i'm going full throttle starting monday and wont stop till the season does..
Rowdy
hunter

Postby rangerbob01 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:06 am

I havn't seen that many either. Last year I had a great season but htis year it has been slow. It does seem to be getting better saw alot more birds this week end than the past weeks.
rangerbob01
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting