First timer.

For those who enjoy duck hunting in the fields, this is the place.

Moderator: Skyblaster7

First timer.

Postby dkreiser75 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:46 am

So I've recently started to shoot some trap, and I thought this year I'd move it out and try some duck hunting. I am in the process of getting my license and what-not. I live in the Albany area and I was wondering if anyone knew any public spots to start off my duck hunting career. I would prefer to set up in a field so I don't have to purchase waders or anything.

Any tips, comments, or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
dkreiser75
Newb

Re: First timer.

Postby GUNGHO » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:31 pm

All the public spots I know are already on the map go get yourself one too and check out your state dpt of wildlife. Just a heads up all the public spots are typically cram packed with a bunch of people, over hunted and everybody thinks they own the land and there is only one way to hunt and do things which is their way or the highway. I could be a hater and bash you all day and tell you to get off the couch and put down that bag of chips and get out and scout your own spots like most others would tell you on here but I'll be nice. Your best bet check with the department and drive around and scout.
GUNGHO
Newb

Re: First timer.

Postby dkreiser75 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:59 pm

I didn't really know how to get my foot into the door but I actually appreciate you being so straight forward with me.
dkreiser75
Newb

Return to Field Duck Hunting