It ain't over til the fat lady sings!!

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

It ain't over til the fat lady sings!!

Postby Sagebrush » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:26 pm

Dec 7th; went to Fallon. Passed some open water to get to a new area.
35 minutes later, made a U turn back to the only open water that did not have 1/2" thick ice!! I weigh 245 lbs & I could almost stand on it.

8:30 got my spread out and got ready. Picked up a sprig,3 Gads,Mallard & BW Teal. The ducks were all over the place !!

Put my gun away & grabbed my 35mm Pentex with a zoom lens.
Ducks landing in the spread, flocks of 30 plus teal over the dec's, 150 ducks out in front working; I was in heaven!!! What a day !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Went through the whole roll !! Will put it on CD. Hope I can learn how to put it on the sight!! Good luck guys...they are out there!! :salude:
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby DuckComander » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:55 am

where did you go? greenhead?

im posibley going out this weekend to stillwater again.
DuckComander
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:42 am

DC:
Yep, I went to green head......85% of the water is HARD!

There were a few hunters trying to use there boats. You could hear them cracking & poping 2 miles away!!

I hate to say it but the fat lady is getting to sing, if the weather does not start to warm up soon!! All the birds will head south to open water.....

I might go to SWater sat or sun....I will hunt the dry flats! I HATE to break ice for a stupid bird .

(Maybe the guy with the dog can make it? :thumbsup: )

I have to check, I think there is an ATA Trap shoot here in town. Will let you know whats up....Ed
Sagebrush
hunter

I'm out...

Postby GunDog » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:38 pm

Hate to admit it, but I think the fat lady has sung for me...work is too busy for me to get time off whenever the sun is up (even weekends right now). :thumbsdown:

I may be going Chukar hunting on an extended "executive lunch" this Sunday with some friends, but that may be all for my hunting aspirations until after X-mas.

I assume with the snow and reports from my employees living in Fallon of the near 1 foot of snow on the ground this morning = Stillwater is likely done for... :pissed:

Did drive by Washoe Sunday evening and saw lots of water at the north end...I assume it was frozen though -any updates?
GunDog
hunter

Postby DuckComander » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:24 pm

havent drove out to washoe in a while. i kinda gave up on it out there, all there is are spoons :thumbsdown:

fallon got a foot of snow!!!! holy crap!

im just hoping maybe we can get one day out of this weekend that will let some of the water NOT FREEZE!! haha
DuckComander
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:17 pm

Washoe might be my last holdout for this year......Still no geese!!

I'm putting a LOT of cotton in my ears.......That Fat Lady is starting to sing!!
Sagebrush
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting