Coopeville Meeting 12-12-05

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, brokerbyduck, washingtonmuley, h2ofowlr

Coopeville Meeting 12-12-05

Postby shotgunr » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:52 pm

It is extremly important for those of you who can make this meeting to attend.
Numbers are huge at these meetings. These people are working to shut down waterfowling so we need to be at this meeting on the 12th

IMPORTANT NOTICE

HUNTING PUBLIC HEARINGS

Hopefuly, for the last time, there is going to be a public hearing on hunting to determine which the ordance the county commissioners will sign. the first public hearing will be held on monday, December 12th 1800 at Coupeville in the recreation center. The second hearing will be held on Thursday, December 15th at 1700 in the Utsalady Elementry school on Camano Island.

Once again it's a numbers thing, so "SPORTSMEN" & "SPORTSWOMEN" need to turn out for these two important hearings. We had a strong turnout for the last hearing in Coupeville and out numberedk the anti-hunters by at least 2-1. The turn out on Camano Island was no where near as good though, at the last hearing on Camano only three hunters attended!
shotgunr
hunter

Postby decoydog » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:36 am

This must be a WestSide deal, because none of these places sound familiar and I have lived here since 1975. It sounds important enough. Maybe it might be in the best intrest of the eastside hunters to try to attend. Lord knows we don't need the westies crowding us over here because they lost their rights to a bunch granola eatin hippies. :toofunny: :help:
It's hard to pull 1 inch through 6 inches of material while doing "the dance", and looking skyward.
decoydog
hunter

Postby RiveRat » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:22 pm

Could you post a summary as to what's going on over there? Also is there an address that we could write to let them know how we feel about this? Thanks
RiveRat
hunter

Postby shotgunr » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:32 pm

Lord knows we don't need the westies crowding us over here because they lost their rights to a bunch granola eatin hippies. :toofunny: :help:[/quote

I'm assuming this is suppose to be funny? What makes you think
that this sort of thing wouldn't happen on the East side?
Word on the street is there is some talk about Moses Lake
are you aware of any of this?
I have never been to Moses Lake hunting but I have been to the
Dunes riding, actually we called it the "Garbage Dump"

Your absolutly right maybe some of you guys should come over and check out this meeting and see what you guys could be in for.
This isn't just a westside deal, this is just a place to start.
If they win anything they will continue to move North, South, East and West. Right now they are saying that this pertains to mostly Deer huntring in Island County. I find that hard to believe and I'll tell ya why.
They never did announce this publicly. This email was found by a friend of mine he received yesterday from an email blast from a sporting good store in Burlington. This is the only thing that has been sent out as far we we know. The WDWF didn't even know about it, that is how secretive they are. They don't want to see the hunters there. The last meeting we had in Stanwood was a blow out. Over 350 hunters to approx 20 anti's.
These people had no idea how much money the state receives from the WDWF from licenses, shells, clothing, etc and this all goes back into the habitat. They were floored when they found out how much money is brought it by "US" The Sportsman.

So don't think that for a minute that the East side can't be touched
by this. There could be things in the works right now that you guys
aren't aware of yet. This is a WA State deal

If I came off wrong here, I apologize
But ya struck a nerve, hahahaha
Come on over and I'll take ya out Sea Duckin
shotgunr
hunter

Postby shotgunr » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:33 pm

rivrat

I'll get an address for ya

actually if you go to
Duck hunter.net
go to the Washington forum and check it out
If you have any question PM or email Harliduck
John is WAY up on this and he knows all the people at the WDWF
He will be leading the way on this one
shotgunr
hunter

Postby decoydog » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:42 pm

Yeah, it was wrote to make light of a dark situation. Nice sense of humor you have. If you go to the honey hole forum and scroll down till you find "PETA in Australia", you will find just how passionate I am about this subject, because I wrote it. Loosen up a little bit. I have already contacted some friends about going over there, and we will if we can free up our schedules, we will!
It's hard to pull 1 inch through 6 inches of material while doing "the dance", and looking skyward.
decoydog
hunter

Postby shotgunr » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:17 pm

No disrespect intended there
I'm loose bud.
This is a touchy thing over here more so than you would think.
A few of us have had run ins with the local residence and have actually got into yelling matches.
I was involved in one 3 weeks ago when approached by a local resident

He started out the conversation with " what in the F*** are you guys doing shooting those F****g guns out here?

Long story short:
I called the Island County Sherriff
Sherriff says: tell that guy to pound sand, and go back to Seattle!
what go t me mad to start with was this guy was in his 60's
and was had no class in anyway shape or form.
I hope this will be brought up at the Camano Is meeting
because that is about where this all took place
I will check out the forum you spoke of

Thanks
shotgunr
hunter

Postby MacAttack » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:14 pm

I will try to make it, about 70% right now.
MacAttack
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting